Unicorn of Winchester Rifles

Started by recoil junky, October 02, 2022, 07:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

recoil junky

I picked up this pre '64 M88 in .284 Win. One of 2600 ever made.

It is currently in pieces for what appears to its first ever out the stock cleaning and action "slickering" job and stock refinishing.

Some of the parts (on the right) have already been smoothed  (400, 1200, 2000 grit then crocus cloth) then reblued.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

Wow! Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing it back together!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

I need to find my checkering tools .  .  .  .

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

recoil junky

Just in case I want to clean it up a bit after stripping the nasty refinishing job done by he previous owner.

Yeah Rick, I fell into this one. I even found some Lapua brass for it. That should last a lifetime.

RJ

gitano

Ah. Doesn't look bad in the picture.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

JaDub

Nice , RJ.   Now let`s get it on paper .    See you in November !

JaDub

Tags: