My sons first squirrel

Started by Ed B., January 01, 2006, 07:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed B.

I am just as happy as Theron is about this squirrel. It was New Years Eve morning. One shot with a single shot H&R 410ga. brought this one down. It's a bonus that he shot it with my first shot gun my parents gave me for Christmas 20 years ago when I was 12.
Thanks for looking.

Ed

Dragonfly

How great I know you are very proud.  And what a handsome dog!!!

And a precious boy!!!

knuckledragger

He's gotta be stoked!  Great job.  KD
Not everyone gets a trophy.

English

Ed, that is just awesome!  Nothing like getting kids involved in our sport...especially our own kids.  How you been doing on squirrels?  We've been getting a few each trip to the woods.  Looks like Roxy was pretty pleased too!

Mike
BAD RIVER FIEST

Ed B.

Mike, we usually end up killing a squirrel a trip.  It seems every chance I have to hunt the weather doesn't cooperate.  Really I'm happy though to see her getting a little more hustle in the woods.  Have you had Oreo out in the woods at all?

Ed

English

Ed, the weather has been horrible this month.  First the leaves stuck until just before deer season and now the weather has been either been very cold or rainy or windy or ....?

Oreo is down at my partners running loose.  She is a nice acting pup but I dont' think she's going to be mature enough to get out much before the season is over.  She should be perfect for next fall though.

Mike
BAD RIVER FIEST

buckshot roberts

;) Good post, and nice pic, Yep the weather, not been good here also, No rain all spring.sumer, or fall, I've not taken as many squirrels this year, as I did last year, I have 4 weeks to go, I use a 410 myself, I handed down a winchester model 59
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

gitano

Really, really great!

A great photo too.

May you have many happy returns.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

crowkiller

That´s a big squirrel, I bet he´s at least four years old.

cornbread

That great It remind of my sons first squirrel. When a couple years later he gets a big 8pt took me 15 yrs just match it.But he"s a hunter for life.I killed my 1st with a 22/410 stevens my dad lift me and my son got his 1st with it and my second wifes 1st squirrel too.Keep the little one huntin we need more young hunter.
Later
cornbread

Tags: