Boot care...Propolis

Started by sakorick, December 30, 2015, 02:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

I would like to dedicate this thread to Bill T who turned me on to the best kept secret in the free world. It happened about 8 years ago in our room in Mankato, Kansas whilst hunting the evil Chinese transplants. After the first day's hunt, we were enjoying a Gin and ice and Bill was rubbing something into his boots. I asked him why. He said Propolis. I immediately hid the Bombay! Actually, he had me rub some into my boots and I will never forget the best advice on hunting boot care I have ever received. I can't remember how old Bill's boots were but it seems to me that they were older than pounded dirt and looker like new. At the time I had some fairly new expensive boots and here they are before and after. I hunted in these boots recently for 3 days in freezing rain and ice which of course is very hard on leather.....my feet were the only dry part of my body. Obenauf's makes it....get the heavy duty LP jar in 4 or 8 ounce....the 8 ounce will last forever. Oh....thank you honey bees for another miracle. Two coats better than one....use a soft toothbrush to get it into the seams.

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Bill Thibeault

Rick,  You forgot to say it is (or was) available at Cabela's.  You're correct, an 8 oz. jar will last forever.  This stuff is good on all leather goods: boots, belts, holsters, etc.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."(George Orwell)

gitano

Cabelas - now that's a 'good thing' as there is a Cabelas in Los Anchorage.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Major league catchers and fielders use this on their mitts as do many cowboys and cowgirls on their tack. I've heard it also has some medicinal properties but I know not what for.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

I think a great deal of what bees provide to humans by way of propolis, 'royal jelly', wax, and honey. Some of the most amazing 'stuff' in the natural world by my way of thinking.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Bill Thibeault

I hate to delete a good joke, Bill, but that was just a bit too wide of the 'forum decorum' boundaries. I tried to figure out a way to modify it to get it closer, but couldn't figure one out. If you do, feel free to rephrase and repost.

Paul
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."(George Orwell)

davidlt89

I will be trying it for sure as I have some good leather boots and sneakers that could use it!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

davidlt89

ordered the silicone watershield for some non leather products. news at 11:00! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Tags: