Think we need a 'making stuff' thread...

Started by j0e_bl0ggs (deceased), May 04, 2012, 03:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Got the t-shirt, have a 50 ton press in the workshop....only took 23 tons to break my modified (not very well thought out) extruder die  :eek:

I might make a die for the swaging press - plenty 30 or 44 cal lead bullets laying around!
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Was thinking how to shoot off the bonnet ('hood' for you colonials :p) without marking the paint...

That'll do it...
Turvey Stalking
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

gitano

Did you make that, J0e-bl0ggs, or is that photo-shopped? Looks great!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

evilbay suction cups, deben gun rest...a little milling and turning and one gun rest for bonnet!!
It has around 20deg of side to side adjustable tilt incorporated.
Turvey Stalking

drinksgin (deceased)

I believe Harbor Freight carries that glass handling tool.
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Just to explain a little more - specially fer Cap'n Gitmo... photoshop...:eek:

Glass handling gadget has a hollow bore in the handle, so a small slot was cut to allow an M8 stud to poke out. The M8 stud is attached to a  3" length of nylon rod which fits snugly inside the hollow handle. On top of the handle you can see a silver 'saddle' this is just acting as a clamp washer to the rod which carries the rifle rest.

It is reasonably stable too without sliding around bonnet of car!
Watch out wascally wabbits...
Turvey Stalking

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Quick job for client who wants to wake his 'neighbours' up at Bisley!
I know he will love it!!!!

.30 cal for his Tikka T3

Will upset the elitist 'moderator only' numbnuts who seem to frequent there nowadays.
All I can say is IT'S A RIFLE RANGE - WEAR HEARING PROTECTION -Expletive deleted...
Turvey Stalking

Brithunter

As said in my other reply personally I prefer the flat type of brake with vents each side and maybe a couple on top. Should maximise the benefit to those either side on the line without bring the dust up from below the muzzle to inconvenience oneself.
Go Get them Floyd!

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Quote from: Brithunter;121731As said in my other reply personally I prefer the flat type of brake with vents each side and maybe a couple on top. Should maximise the benefit to those either side on the line without bring the dust up from below the muzzle to inconvenience oneself.

It's what the guy wanted!
Turvey Stalking

Brithunter

Go Get them Floyd!

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking

davidlt89

looks very nice my friend!!!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

I have two PERSONAL objections to muzzle brakes:

1) They are extremely loud, not just to the shooter, but to bystanders as well. I LIKE recoil mitigation, but when I weigh my PERSONAL values of 'taking' preferring a beating on my shoulder vs taking a beating in my ears, I make the PERSONAL CHOICE to not use them. While most muzzle brakes are NOW designed to reduce the auditory impact TO THE SHOOTER, they are a 'beast' to those near them ESPECIALLY at a rifle range. Also, in response to A LOT of complaints about the increases noise to the shooter, makers of muzzle brakes now assert that they have "designed" them so as not to increase noise: primarily to the shooter, but also to bystanders. Let me be unambiguous in my response to that: That assertion is a bald-faced lie.

Not only is there the extra loudness, there is a SIGNIFICANT shock-wave that the adjacent shooters are subjected to. Ear protection does NOT protect one from this shock-wave. (That wave is strong enough to knock over cartridges standing on the adjacent benches.) In my opinion, that is NO different than having someone with a self-loading firearm 'showering' me with ejected brass. It is simply rude.

2) It breaks up the aesthetic lines of a finely built rifle. This is really a very small issue for me, but when coupled with "1" above, muzzle brakes get a PERSONAL "no go" from me.

As a result of the above OBSERVED effects, either I can stand the recoil of a given cartridge, or I'll choose to use another cartridge or load. That's a PERSONAL choice, and I have no reason to expect ANYONE to make that same choice. The ONLY matter that IS NOT a personal matter is the "assault" at the range. "YOU", whomever "you" may be, do not have the right to "assault" me with the results of your PERSONAL choices. "Your" "rights" to do as you please end as soon as they impact me.

So for those that would choose 'ear-beating' to 'shoulder beating', I say 'fine'. Just don't assault my ears (increased noise) and face (shock-wave) without first warning me so I can leave the area.

All of that said, I think the ones shown here made by j0e-bl0ggs look good and are a good CHOICE for those choosing to use brakes.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: