Evan's buck

Started by sakorick, November 10, 2018, 09:57:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

Evan shot a nice 10 point at 0715 this morning (opening day). The conservation officer at the CWD station said it was the 2d biggest deer checked in this morning. His brother, 8 yr old Owen, is going out this afternoon. He shot Evan's Mossberg .243 one shot in the 10 ring and is totally qualified!! I have yet to see a deer but headed to the South Stand this afternoon. More later.

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

branxhunter

Great work Evan and all involved! What a terrific Buck!

Good shooting to everyone else heading out today.

Marcus

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

JaDub

sakorick

Owen had 4 bucks within 30-40 yards of his stand....2 spikes, a forked horn and a odd ball. He elected not to shoot the little scrubs. I saw 14 does and one scrub buck. The rut is just starting. Church tomorrow then ??????

Paul Hoskins

Really nice buck. Deer season started yesterday here in Ky. At 7;05 yesterday morning I saw a HUGE buck in the back yard. At least 12 points, probably more. Kept waiting for my next door neighbor to shoot. He was asleep. Too dark for the camera to focus so I didn't get a picture. :frown I set the trail camera up yesterday afternoon. ......Paul H

sakorick

Recovered the bullet....or what's left of it. Bullet was a 100 gr Pro Hunter and there is 37 grains left, essentially the jacket. The bullet entered and hit a rib high and was deflected upwards and lost the lead somewhere along the line. We found the jacket with the help of the metal detector about 1/2 inch under the skin close to the spine. The buck died instantly.

gitano

Core separated from the jacket. Stupid bullet FAILED!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: