confusion down under

Started by dutchman in newzealand, March 04, 2015, 09:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dutchman in newzealand

anyone know what model and manuf date the stock is not original i think

dutchman in newzealand

there are the pics

gitano

I do believe either Brithunter or Sakorick will be able to help you when they get back on line. The hallmark in the first image of the crossed swords will give the manufacturing date. While I can see the "3" to the left side, I can't quite make out the letter on the right. If you could have a look at that and post exactly what it is, I'm pretty sure Brithunter will be able to tell you the date of manufacture. Since it has "Safari" stamped on it, I would assume that is the model. However, I'm not a Parker-Hale expert, and there seems to be considerable variability in models.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Brithunter

Well the barrel say Safari so it would seem it's one of the Safari models. A view of the whole rifle would help as they did change things like the iron sights and the trigger blade and daft s it may seem those can help date it. The view mark is to my eye unreadable................................. but it might be ZB which is 1974 :confused:.
Go Get them Floyd!

sakorick

Need pics of whole rifle......checkering, butt pad etc.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

branxhunter

I think it is the first photo in the other thread - the rifle without the bolt in it:

http://www.thehunterslife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18228

Marcus

Tags: