310 Greener Cadet Martini

Started by sakorick, October 31, 2016, 07:39:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

I found this one on GB.....only the 2d one I've ever seen. It has no import marks, the action and barrel are matching, however the stock is not. It's in great shape for an old trainer....the Aussie boys took good care of their guns. I need to find fwd and rear swivels for it and some brass.....Help from down under.

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

branxhunter

Rick, this is the best priced option I have found:

http://westernfirearms.com.au/reloading-supplies-brass-310-cadet-new-brass-100-by-bertram-p-2638.html

Apparently you can also make cases out of .32-20 brass - what is the availability over there?

Marcus

sakorick

Quote from: branxhunter;146418Rick, this is the best priced option I have found:

http://westernfirearms.com.au/reloading-supplies-brass-310-cadet-new-brass-100-by-bertram-p-2638.html

Apparently you can also make cases out of .32-20 brass - what is the availability over there?

Marcus
I emailed them last week and got a reply last night.....They do not ship to the USA. Huntington dies has the for $31 for 20. I haven't had any luck with swivels yet. Thanks for checking.[/SIZE]

Hunterbug

Very nice! I can't wait to see how it shoots.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Nagant revolver brass looks good Rick, no messing with rim by the looks of it...
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

branxhunter

Rick,

I can't really tell from your photos, but does the rear swivel look like it has a wood screw, and the front swivel screws into a metal thread? The reason I ask is because I had these hanging in my shed, and I have absolutely no idea where they came from :o

[ATTACH]14722[/ATTACH]

If you think they might be right I'll post them over. I have tried searching for images on the Internet and haven't been able to conclusively determine what the correct sling swivels for a Martin Cadet actually look like.

Marcus

Hunterbug

Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

sakorick

Quote from: branxhunter;146430Rick,

I can't really tell from your photos, but does the rear swivel look like it has a wood screw, and the front swivel screws into a metal thread? The reason I ask is because I had these hanging in my shed, and I have absolutely no idea where they came from :o

[ATTACH]14722[/ATTACH]

If you think they might be right I'll post them over. I have tried searching for images on the Internet and haven't been able to conclusively determine what the correct sling swivels for a Martin Cadet actually look like.

Marcus

Looks like  military swivels of some type.

gitano

I think his question to you, Rick, is:

"Which of these - if either - looks like what your rifle uses?"

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

Tags: