Long day!

Started by davidlt89, September 09, 2015, 03:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

Have not posted much in the trapping forum lately. I had a little lull in the ADC work in July but it has certainly picked back up. Was almost 4 hours today after work and did not even get to one place to set!!!

One place had 3 dams and the town specified they wanted nothing to do with the work. Soooo I was up for the task. I figured it was time to crack the dams, I have taken 5 beaver in the last 4 days and was down to getting kits so I figured we might as well lower the water. If kits are the only beaver left there is nothing they can do about.

The first dame was about 15 yards long and about 6' high! I cracked it the best I could and moved on to dam 2 which was smaller. I learned a lot here! taking a dam down from front to back is a lot easier than starting in on top and going back, if that makes sense.

I was able to take the last two dams with just my hands:sweatdrop: Hopefully all the workers are gone, I will not be happy if all that work is undone tomorrow!!!

This town really dropped the ball, these beaver worked weeks to get those dams in!!! Top it off I had 30 miles between the farthest town and had to stop in a town in between!!!!

Got up this morning at 5:00 am and did a three miler then hit these dams this afternoon....I am tired!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

Quit running! :D

And quit griping about the mileage! I have to go 5 miles to START going somewhere!

When does beaver season open?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

Trapping season starts oct 31st! I am ready to trap for myself! And I will gripe sir!! God bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Tags: