O'l Four Point'er

Started by buckshot roberts, January 02, 2012, 09:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckshot roberts

:DI'm a little late, :Banghead: lost my chip(:stars: once I found it I knew I'm getting a little old) that had the pics of this four pointer I got this past gun season. I'm lucky to have taken one at all, I only had two days off of work to hunt, and just had moved from my spot and was on my way back to my truck when I saw this young buck run across the road, I just turned
back around and walked back into the tree line and was looking for him and found him stand and looking back to the road, he was standing about 25 yards away from me, when I took the safty of that old savage model 340,
I drop'd him on my second shot using some old winchester silver-tip ammo
that I got with the savage rifle, he ant no big'n but his my.........Ron

We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

bowhunter 51

Looks like a good'n for the freezer, Ron..............and a sight bigger than the
spike I took back in November with my muzzler'...."Good Job".............BH51.
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

RatherBHuntin

Ron,
You ever buy meat at the grocery?  Seems you always got something tasty for the pot, and good for ya.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

buckshot roberts

:greentongue: yep' all natural chicken, the city won't let put a coop in my back yard.
:yes:I've come out of the field empty handed a few times, he was a nice size buck...Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

davidlt89

fine looking deer Ron!!!!! congrats to ya!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Vermonster

gitano

Nice, Ron!

Is the 340 the .30-30?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

mtsharps

he will be good eatting better then the tag soup i will be eatting

buckshot roberts

Paul it was the 30/30 in 170gr......my first shot missed him clean...I gave about half the meat to friends and family....Ron

Jorge in Oz

Nice deer Ron.

Do you load the 30-30 for the Savage 340 with pointed projectiles? How do they fare compared to the flat pointed stuff?

Cheers

Jorge
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

buckshot roberts

No pointed, just an old box of western super 170 silvertip, when he got hit it went down, on the spot........Ron

Tags: