Parker-Hale posts

Started by Brithunter, November 07, 2008, 03:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brithunter

Hi,

I have just been searching through the forums looking for some old Parker-Hale posts as I wanted to check soemthing and was surprised just how many we have. Took a while to find the one I was looking for but find it I did. So it started me wondering if it might be possible to group them together? not sure if it's possible or not as I don't know how the forum works. Just a question and idea. Thank you for your efforts in running this site :D .
Go Get them Floyd!

ForneyRider

This site has been fantastic for PH info.

It ahs helped tremendously getting my PH 1200 fixed. Still looking for a replacement wood stock.

I saw a similar PH 1200 7mm Mag on gunbroker for 800. hmm. :)
When all is said and done, there is a lot more said than done.

noel

a neat idea BH,although if they did it for one brand then everyone would want it.on the up side we could be creating a brand specific data base! alot of members have tons of knowledge on this stuff and are very willing to help out too!
Better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!
member;National Fiirearms Assocciation
Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters
gun owners of Canada
North American Hunting Club

Daryl (deceased)

I doubt I'd want to start sorting posts for every make of firearm, especially since a lot of it is generally available on the 'net.

However, a specific forum for Parker-Hale posts might be possible.  I'll talk it over with Barry, and see what he thinks.

If we did it, we'd need your help.  When you found a Parker-Hale thread, we'd need you to post to it to bring it to the top.  Thus flagged, it would be easier for us to get it moved to a new forum without having to spend days and days looking for all the threads and moving them.

I just don't have that much spare time on my hands right now.  It'd take a bit of time to get it done, but I think the idea has merit.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Daryl (deceased)

Ok fellas, ask and ye shall recieve.

There's a new forum that's linked at the very top of the "Firearms and Optics" forum, dedicated to the Parker-Hale firearms.  We'll copy older threads to that forum as time allows, and hopefully it'll make finding the information you need somewhat easier.

Take care,
Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Brithunter

Daryl,

Thank you and please thank Barry as well  :bowdown: .

I will direct all P-H stuff to that forum from now on :biggthumpup:  .
Go Get them Floyd!

woodyplacks

Greetings, I`m in the process of buying a P.H. 1200 super, in 7mm mag.  The bolt is either plated, or just polished; I can`t tell which from the brief time that I looked at it.  After I bring it home, I was thinking of jeweling the bolt, but this may be difficult if it is plated.  Would anyone care to comment on  on the bolts?  The floor plate is engraved Aluminum, which I may replace with steel. Any and all replies are appreciated. Thanks..........Art.:biggthumpup:

ForneyRider

Quote from: woodyplacks;106325Greetings, I`m in the process of buying a P.H. 1200 super, in 7mm mag. The bolt is either plated, or just polished; I can`t tell which from the brief time that I looked at it. After I bring it home, I was thinking of jeweling the bolt, but this may be difficult if it is plated. Would anyone care to comment on on the bolts? The floor plate is engraved Aluminum, which I may replace with steel. Any and all replies are appreciated. Thanks..........Art.:biggthumpup:

Aluminum has a different metal treatment than the barrel and turns purple. My PH 1200 Super was around 68-70 in 7mm Mag and shoots great. Looks like you have the Presentation model with the engraved receiver?
When all is said and done, there is a lot more said than done.

woodyplacks

I wish it was the presentation model, but it is just a 1200 super. The only engraving is on the aluminum floor plate. thanks........Art.:)

Tags: