Reaming Reloading Dies

Started by Jorge in Oz, September 05, 2016, 07:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

RCBS does make a Neck sizing die for the 325 WSM that should work for your 8x53R. Check the drawing below with your case dimensions. Specifically, make sure that your rimmed case fit ALL the way into the WSM case. On the rimmed case, make sure that the case diameter is smaller than the mouth of the die at the length of the die from shoulder to mouth. Here's the scoop:

The distance from the mouth of the die to the shoulder of the die is ~1.66".
The diameter of the mouth of the die is ~0.555".
The diameter of the x53R case at the head is only 1.559". Therefore, the entire x53R case will fit - diameter-wise - in the 325 WSM die without impinging on the die wall. As it turns out, the 325 WSM case is nominally 2.1" long. The x53R case is 2.106" long. That makes the 325 WSM neck-sizing, (or FL sizing for that matter), an effective "neck-only" die for your 8x53R case.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jorge in Oz

Thanks for your feedback Paul.

That could be a cheaper alternative especially if I can buy it here in Oz.

I have a Hornady .270 universal neck die. Got that cheap when I got a case stuck in my Lyman 270 Win FLS die. Which reminds me I think it's still in there. Will need to get to that one soon.

Thanks again Paul. Will need to check the chamber once I get the rifle. I have some 7.62x54R cases I can resize and test in the chamber.
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

Tags: