Hey JaDub - '69 Triumph GT6 'Refurb'

Started by gitano, September 04, 2015, 08:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

Back in the day when I was a rich single 1st Lieutenant, I ran a 1968 440 GTX at GVR at the Grapevine, TX dragstrip in the old formula 4, A stock automatic. My best time was a 14.05 which was only a few tenths off the national record. The GTO's and Mustangs were cannon fodder!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

JaDub

...and then there was the day back in college when we had an English Ford Anglia ( `63 I think ..... slant back rear window ), that we completely gutted out, and then we installed a MK1 Cortina GT engine & gearbox into. With the very `short` Anglia diff and the close Cortina GT gearbox, add to that a very worked over 120E engine and that buggar just ran off and hid from the V-8s. I think it weighed around 1,000 lbs or so..........maybe less. We even filled the stock gas tank with beach sand so we could get more weight over the read axle. It must have weighed better than 100 lbs or so once it was full of sand. Our best time was 13.42 in the quarter mile. It was always funny to see the V-8 guys ( who were, by then, very upset ) coming down to our pit demanding " we need to count your spark plugs " ! 8-(

They were NOT happy. 8-)

Tags: