Salmon Patties

Started by sakorick, July 22, 2016, 04:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

This is so simple. I had some grilled Salmon(14 ounces) left over from the weekend, saute 1/2 medium onion chopped fine, combine the Salmon, onions, 2 beaten eggs, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup chopped parsley, 2 tsp olive oil and form mixture into four patties. Brown both sides patties for 4-5 minutes in butter. Try some fresh cut beans with garlic to compliment. I usually make them with 2 tbs dill weed but was out.....Parsley is a good substitute. Delish!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

gitano

I've probably eaten a million salmon patties. Great picture.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Paul, if I've told you once I've told you a Trillion times stop exaggerating!

gitano

:MOGRIN:

There's a fine line between exaggeration and hyperbole. :)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Hmmmmm, think we might have to ban you for that attitude Paul...
Turvey Stalking
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

sakorick

I vote for the Rhubarb Kid to get a stiff sentence!:grin:

gitano

You guys are in 'rare form' this morning (or evening, as the case may be).

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Got Rick chuckling like a good un...
Turvey Stalking

sakorick

If we catch some Salmon next month, we should make up a batch of patties!

Hunterbug

My Grandmother used to make them when I was a kid and to be honest, I wasn't a fan. I used to drown them in BBQ sauce to hide the flavor until I could swallow it. But I will try them again.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

farmboy

Quote from: Hunterbug;145523My Grandmother used to make them when I was a kid and to be honest, I wasn't a fan. I used to drown them in BBQ sauce to hide the flavor until I could swallow it. But I will try them again.

Lol my grandmother cooked me asparagus one time I could not stand it. So I washed them down first off and unfortunately she thought I enjoyed them so much she put another stack on my plate! Double yuck! Lol!

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Was never a fan of Brussel sprouts as a kid, just the smell would get me gagging.
Old man was insistent that I ate the :cens: things...

Funny how taste changes, love em now! Pretty much most of the stuff I hated as a kid gets munched today!

Although, one exception springs to mind, a meal served by the mother of an ex of mine in Foggia, Italy "Carciofi all'ouvo"  Artichokes and eggs.
Churns my guts just thinking about it.
We sat down to eat, had an aperitif and the carciofi was served.
ONE fork and I nearly chucked up my ring, there was no way I was going to swallow that and I wanted it out of my mouth immediately.
Fortunately my ex noticed my distress and passed a paper napkin!
The Italians could not understand that I would not eat that particular delicacy.

Couple of blocks away was a southern Italian version of a KFC. Without the fried chicken - all rotisserie roasted birds but they did do chips.
Chicken and chips for me that evening along with very strange looks from the Italians when I asked for and sprinkled it with vinegar...

I must admit that I do like the artichoke aperitif 'Cynar' but  Carciofi all'ouvo
will NEVER cross my lips again...

Apologies to Rick for hijacking his excellent Salmon patties thread!

Turvey Stalking

gitano

I hated Brussels sprouts when I was a kid, and I hate them now.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: