neck meat soup

Started by sakorick, January 04, 2017, 02:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

I stumbled on this recipe on a Paula Deen video and modified the short ribs with Venison neck meat. This is the 2d time I've made it and it is delish!!! Cook your neck meat in 2 quarts of water and add 3 TBS of "better than bullion". Once the meat is about 75% done start adding a cup of everything you have in the fridge. For this batch I used leaks, Green Onions, celery(a must), Okra, green beans, toothpick shredded carrots, new potatoes, onions, garlic and garnished with Parsley, Basil and black pepper. You will not believe it's neck meat or venison for that matter......don't waste your neck meat!! You can use a crock pot or a Dutch oven as I did on the wood stove.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

jaeger88

Now your making me hungry Rick, & all Ive got for lunch is a cheap supermarket Ham Sandwich. :cry:
I cant believe in fate.
If the futures all worked out, horoscopes & all that, it means none of us are responsible for anything we do, it means we are just actors in a script written by someone else. I dont believe that.

gitano

Quotecelery(a must),
A must LEAVE OUT! I hate cooked celery!

Looks great! There's a LOT of meat on the neck if you take the time to 'extract' it.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Tags: