More pics

Started by grayghost, August 09, 2007, 07:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grayghost

Yellow Bill Ducks

I'm holding an Egyptian Goose. Lying on the ground is a male African Cape Shelduck. Both are beautiful birds and we hunt them every year.
In the end....the Hunter hunts himself

grayghost

Sunset in the Eastern Cape

grayghost

Mountain Reedbuck. Plentiful in the Eastern Cape. Very affordable trophy fee and similar to hunting Mule Deer but with a Whitetails nose for avoiding humans.

grayghost

Cape Grysbok. Very elusive and difficult to hunt. Permits are required to hunt them.

grayghost

Black Springbok. Found on the open plains. A genetic cousin of the common Springbok.

grayghost

Common Blesbok. One of two from this safari.

grayghost

Blue Wildebeast bull. This animal is tougher than nails to bring down. My .280 did it with one shot at 298 yards. They are not called "poor man's Buffalo" for nothing. Thick, tough skin requires good shooting and well made bullets.

grayghost

grayghost

Chacma Baboon. The old male of the troop. I used my .223 with 60 grain Nosler Partitions to drop him off a high vertical cliff. Later, I found a flint tool made by prehistoric man where he was standing. Not only can a male Baboon rip you limb from limb, their fangs are very long and sharp. The top teeth meet the bottom similar to wild boar. Keeping them sharpened as they grow. A very dangerous animal when alive; wounded or not.

grayghost

Second Bush Duiker of the safari. Last year I couldn't buy one. This trip luck was with me. I took three. This is a great specimen. Also called Common or Grey Duiker. There are many species in Africa.

grayghost

Cape Bushbuck. I love hunting Bushbuck and the Eastern Cape has lots of them. This is a good ram. My .223 at 179 just at dusk anchored him on the spot.

grayghost

Earlier, while I was along the North West/Botswana border, we encountered this Lion track in the sand.

grayghost

This was at the end of the track:

grayghost

klallen

Thank you for the picture tour, GRAYGHOST.  I'm enjoying it a great deal and anxiously wait for the tour to continue.

Tags: