Young Buck Harvested

Started by bowhunter 51, November 13, 2010, 03:47:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowhunter 51

Nothing to write home to Moma about but I did take-out this 4pt(spike) evening
before last with my 45 cal.CVA muzzler, and thought I'd confess to it....
.......Really wasn't what I was shop'n for as a much smaller doe would have fit the
bill much more nicely but I observed a significant limp to him as he favored one
of his front legs..I was concerned he may have been shot-up so a home-turf herd
management cull practice ensued...
..........Story is a simple one......sitting an attachable gorilla stand in a sweet gum
overlooking a growed up 16 acre pasture when I caught movement in the buck-
brush at my 2:00, 50 yrds out...'bout an hour before dark...He came out slowly
and turned heading slightly away from my right to left...I observed the limp...
He wasn't quite open as he slowly moved thru light cover but heading for thick...
...........Snap decision as he was now 80 yrds out and beyond my comfort zone as
I was shooting iron sights only...I squz' on him,...click Ka-BOOOMaaah...lots of
smoke...a moment passes...it clears some...I was relieved to see I'd drop't him like
a bad transmission with a 250 gr. R.E.A.L. & 80 gr. 777 to his neck/spine
assembly...Autopsy failed to reveal leg problems but a kink in his mid-spine that
appeared birth related rather than injury...Otherwise healthy...I did good...BH51
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

recoil junky

When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Alboy

Quote from: recoil junky;109120Yummmy!!!

Rj

What he said, nice work
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

davidlt89

nice looking deer my friend! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

Jamie.270

Quote...I did good...BH51

You certainly did!
Congrats on the tender vittles!
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

JaDub

Kabooomski !! Nice shooting there Bowhunter.

Paul Hoskins

Good job, Bowhunter. Nice deer too. Better'n I did this morning out in the back yard. I'll post mine.  Congrat's.   ......Paul H

Tags: