Range report on new scattergun.

Started by gitano, June 09, 2017, 09:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

Yeehah! Kids old enough to buy guns, so they get you a gun for your birthday! As some of you may know, my soon-to-be son-in-law (FSIL) is one of the department managers at the local Sportsman's Warehouse. (That's where he met my daughter when she was working there.) I was in there a couple of weeks ago and saw this gun and really liked it. He and my daughter mentioned that it might be a good b'day gift. I agreed!

Anyway, he and my daughter were over for dinner last night and since she is going to be busy on my b'day, asked if I wanted my b'day gift early. SURE! Says I, having completely forgotten about the gun. FSIL goes out to his car and gets the it and as soon as I see it, I remember. Very cool!

Being the kind of weapon it is, I can shoot it on my property, so I load it up and do a little 'pattern work'. Again, very cool! I produces nice tight, uniform patterns. There were even some appropriate varmints to try it out on! (Sorry, no pictures of carcases.) It's VERY effective! I was able to take out a couple of the more dangerous carnivorous sorts!

I was a little surprised that the company marketing the thing actually calls it an asalt weapon! Seems a particularly provocative label in this day and age. Anyway, here's a picture of the first pattern I shot with it. Range was about 6".

The trigger needs some work, as it's very heavy, but overall, I'm tickled with it.
Here's a video of it in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTVn6OhATaI

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

I wonder if you could load it with Montreal Steak and tenderize cheap cuts of meat?:COOLdude:
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Worth a try!

I wanted it primarily for spiders. Works really well on them.
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Shoot some salt and pepper mix into a steak or chop as see if you can discern how deep the penetration is.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

gitano

O LOVE that guy!

I can see a lot of wasted time watching his videos!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

buckshot roberts

We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

JaDub

Ran right out and bought one at Sportsmans............  :MOGRIN:

Can`t wait to get home.    Oh, the HUMANNITY  !

Hunterbug

Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

I got my first spider today. They're tougher than flies! Took three shots. But... the first one put it 'on the ground"!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

You didn't go and shoot it in the hoof like the Caribou?
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

jaeger88

Twice as many hoof's to choose from !.

Whats the Caribou story then ?. I'm intrigued !.
I cant believe in fate.
If the futures all worked out, horoscopes & all that, it means none of us are responsible for anything we do, it means we are just actors in a script written by someone else. I dont believe that.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

So while this thing is really just a toy, I actually USED it for a practical purpose yesterday. In preparation for my youngest daughter's wedding, we have been 'sprucing up the place' over the past couple of weeks. Part of that was putting some new trim around the large windows in the front of the house. Doing that meant removing the old trim which in turn meant removing the porch-light sconces. I didn't get around to reinstalling those sconces until yesterday. In the short time they were off, a bunch of wasps decided the electrical access hole was a great place for a nest. They were mistaken. However, they didn't give up without a fight! I sprayed some wasp-killer in the hole that took care of the ones in the nest, but the ones that were out when I did that came back when I started 'poking around' their home. I went inside and got the A-Salt Rifle. :D

I could stand back with the muzzle about 2 feet from the entrance and when they'd land to go in, I'd "a-salt" them. Worked great! Took me about half an hour to eliminate the rest of them. It wasn't exactly 'wing-shooting', but it was close! Turned out to be kinda fun! No one should be without an A-Salt Rifle!fe

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: