Memorial Day Breakfast

Started by RatherBHuntin, May 29, 2006, 05:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RatherBHuntin

Before anyone sits down to the morning mess, take a minute to remember those that have fallen, giving their life to our nation. Some may have done it for what they believe, some may have done it out of a sense of public service and most were probably just trying to protect the man to the left or right of them. We owe those that have paid that ultimate price for everything we have and enjoy today in this country, which is truly the greatest nation onthe face of the earth. No where do any people enjoy the freedoms that we have.

Now to the grub. Coffee is just perked and we got fried eggs, venison sausage links and patties, salt pork and bacon. The biscuits are fresh out of the oven and the gravy is on the stove. For those who want there is fresh peach jam and grape jelly, and special for our friends out west there is some hot pepper jelly on the table coutesy of Granny and my cousin who went to canning in earnest. That pepper jelly aint for the weak of heart mind you, take care. Milk and juice are there as well and if any want some grits just holler and I'll whip em up.

As for me, I'm off to go watch the Braves whup the Dodgers lie anything out of LA ought to be whupped.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

English

Glenn, that's a fantastic breakfast and it hits the spot!  I got up early and ran a couple of squirrel dogs before it got hot.  And is it going to get hot!  92 degrees and humidity up around 60-65%!!!  I noticed on the national weather that we are supposed to be hotter than Houston, TX and Honolulu, HI!!!  

We are having a picnic and we are for sure remembering our fallen veterans!  I appreciate all the sacrafices made by them over the centuries so that me and my family could live in freedom.  THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Well you all have a great holiday.

Mike

PS I do think I'll pass on that pepper jelly...although I expect Llano John will take my share!
BAD RIVER FIEST

Hunterbug

Morning everyone. RBH, thanx for the breakfast. It's going to be hot here today which is fine as I have to work anyway. Well, I had better get moving.

A big thank you to all the veterans.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

buckshot roberts

:) RBH  thanks for the breakfast, and Yes thanks to all Vet's, I paid my respect's this morning, an I would like to share these pics, Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Antler3

Thanks for the fine breakfast. And yes, thanks to the men and women who have paid the price for our freedoms. God bless each and everyone of them and thier families.
ANTLER 3

Tags: