Disney designed squirrel

Started by drinksgin (deceased), February 09, 2014, 11:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drinksgin (deceased)

I saw these on  yahoo, live in Moscow parks, a real designer squirrel.
I do see some resemblance to the red squirrels of the North West.
Paul, are you familiar with these?
I have the picture, but cannot find it where it is supposed to be.

:frown
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

gitano

I'd love to see it when you get it.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

I have it on my pictures, but I cannot find it when  I try  attach it.
I am a real klutz on coompooters!!!!

drinksgin (deceased)

I think I have found it.

Hunterbug

It looks like a cross between a Fox squirrel and an Aberts squirrel.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

I think it is a "Eurasian red squirrel" (Sciurus vulgarus). I think the one in your picture is in it's winter coat and may be a bit of a 'color variant'.

HB's comment about our Abert's squirrel (S. aberti) is about right. Most Americans are completely unfamiliar with the Abert's as it is not commonly hunted due to its small size. There are nine subspecies found mostly over the eastern slope of the Rockies and generally 'southern' (Montana south). All have the tufted ears you see of the "Moscow" squirrel you posted.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

yeah we had the Aberts, (we called them Alberts) in Miles City, along with those giant western grey squirrels (sciurus griseus) the size of a cat. Mom (she grew up in Toledo) thought they were both "so cute" as up to that point all we ever had  were "gophers" or those obnoxious pine squirrels seen here.

The little psycho bass-turds follow you through the trees announcing to every elk in 50 miles "HEY!!! HERE"S A MAN WITH A GUN!!!!"  so BAWOOM I took one out with the 300RUM.

:MOGRIN:

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

Don't even try to eat one unless you like to eat pine cones, because that's what they taste like - EXACTLY!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

LvrLover

Doesn't matter what I'm doing in the woods, if I have a 22 or shotgun I shoot every red squirrel on sight. And they taste like pinecones in WI too, Paul.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils." General John Stark

gitano

They are annoying, bad-tasting, little pests. I let the ones around my house live UNTIL they started digging up my potted plants. They aren't real "human-savvy", and sat on a branch right off my deck and gave me "what for" right up to the moment of bullet impact. I don't particularly like to kill things that I can't find SOME use for. The only value these things have is fly-tying material. Dubbing from the body and "bucktail" from the tail.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

JaDub

What RJ said.     NOTHING gives away a stealthy stalk better than one of those darn pine squirrels.  " There`s a man with a gun right HERE !!"   :frown  Never resorted to shooting one `cuz of all the noise however I think a sub sonic  .22  pellet pistol would end the problem.   ;)

davidlt89

we have thousands of them around here!!! I just can't bring myself to kill them just to kill them, and I won't allow my son to kill them just for "practice". If I had a use I guess I could see it. they may make a lot of noise but I have never had them "give me up" to another animal!!! God bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

Quotebut I have never had them "give me up" to another animal!!!

I'm not sure how to respond to that. It's almost unimaginable.

About the only "good" news I can come up with for the little beasts with regard to "outing" me, is that I have seen them 'cut loose' when they didn't have any idea I was around. I wonder if the rest of the woodland creatures have the same attitude about them as we do?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

buckshot roberts

I don't like'm during deer season,i have eat'em when i was younger, it takes 'bout 15-20 to get me full............Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Tags: