Where Do You Hunt in South Carolina

Started by irvingernie, May 12, 2012, 01:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irvingernie

I'm a disabled veteran from South Carolina, and I like to know where do you hunt in South Carolina?  I live in the upstate, Greenville county.  This would fall under WMA 2 and haven't been out much to do any hunting in the area but I'm willing to go just about anywhere in the state to try my luck this year for Deer and hogs.  Can anyone please direct me to a good area to try.  Any and all advice would be highly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

Ernie

gitano

Hello Ernie.

Not sure this will get much attention here. You might repeat your request in the "Campfire" or in "Looking for a Hookup?" There are only a couple of fellows from NC on The Hunter's Life, and I haven't seen them around for a while, so I don't know how soon you may get a helpful response.

Good luck!
Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

irvingernie

Thanks Paul, I appreciate the info and will give a try.  Are you from NC as well?

gitano

Nope. I'm from Alaska. I drove through NC a few times when I was stationed in Charleston, SC, (I had a girlfriend that lived in Virginia, :)). If you look at the top right of most posts - like this one - many members make available their location and age. For example, you can see on my post that I am 60 years old and from Wasilla, Alaska. If you would like assistance getting that information posted for yourself, let me know.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

irvingernie

Hi Paul,  Thanks for the advice I appreciate you letting me know what's going on.   It's kinda funny I was stationed in Alaska back in 1981 to 1983 and  I absolutely loved it.  I was at Ft.Wainwright next to Fairbanks.   The hunting and fishing there was incredible but going anywhere there was not to easy especially during the winter.

I was also stationed at Ft.Bragg, NC before I went to Alaska and I enjoyed it  there as well.  Back then I didn't care if I knew anyone who wanted to go hunting or fishing, if I wanted to go I just left on my own, now I'm older (52) and don't dare do anything too much on my own.
Things change as well as the times I guess and I have to learn to deal with it.

Hopefully now, I might have a chance to enjoy the outdoors again and make friends with some folks who share the same interest.  Thanks Paul for leading me in the right direction here on The Hunter's Life.

God Bless you and take care Paul.

Best Regards,

Ernie

Alaska338

Hunted in Union SC  around Cross Keys

Almost every weekend from 01 oct to the end of Dec

Killed a lot of deer

I lived in Lenoir NC and most of my town was driving down to Union to deer hunt until SC went to expensive on hunting license.

Really enjoyed it back in the 70's.

Tags: