A couple of unique Brnos - .250 Myra, and .20 Extruder

Started by branxhunter, December 08, 2023, 05:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

branxhunter

Over the last few months of his life a good friend of mine Mark Dureau aka Camel gave away some of his favourite rifles. He messaged me in February to say he wanted me to have his Brno 601 .250 Myra (.25-222, or 250 Copperhead).

I was flabbergasted and honoured, and ring him to tell him so. I said I was happy to pay for it.

"NO!, it's a gift"

I asked him why he chose to give me the Myra. "Well remember when I was asking you a few weeks ago about whether you kids were into shooting? I was planning to give them a couple of .22s. But you said that they hadn't really shown any interest, so I have decided to give you the Myra, because I know you like weird shit".

"That's why I like hanging around with you!"

He went on to explain where his other rifles were going. It was obvious that he had put some careful thought into it.

Mark wanted to hang onto the Myra for a few months to take it for a walk after some goats. Unfortunately I don't think he ever hit the chance.

A couple of months later he blind-sided me again be telling me to also organise a PTA for his new toy - the Brno Model 2 in .20 Extruder.

PTAs were organised and after a convoluted process (the wrong Brno M2 was sent down initially, then the messages from the NSW LGS didn't seem to tally with what was happening) I was able to pick them up, albeit a few weeks apart.

The Myra turned up first, here are some photos. I do need to organise a replacement butt pad as that ground off bottom edge annoys me.

Marcus

branxhunter

And here is the other one - a Brno Model 2 chambered in .20 Myra Extruder

Marcus

branxhunter

gitano

Beautiful firearms, and great sentimental treasures!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jamie.270

Wow!  What a pair of beauties that is.
And that 20 Extruder is quite the oddball.
I had never heard of either cartridge, so I had to do a search on both.
I'm kinda blown away by Langsford's idea/process of forcing a larger slug down a smaller bore to increase SD, BC and velocity.

Mark must have been quite a guy and a heckuva friend to pass along gifts like that.
Congrats Marcus, and sorry for your loss of such a good friend.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

branxhunter

Some background on the chamberings. First the extruder.

Marcus

branxhunter

And the .250 Myra

Marcus

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

branxhunter

Yeah the Guns and Game magazine was the best of the bunch, but sadly no longer published. Always had some good practical no frills articles.

Marcus

Tags: