Feral dogs
Field mice large with no tail
Crows
Doves
Racing pigeons( camped out in the yard)

The ones I have not harvested
Raccoon
Marmot
Both of these have just started in this area.

Some of these you need a permit to shoot here. Got all but two of them with a shotgun and all but four of them with a 17 Remington and all but four of them with a 6 mm Remington.

Two foxes I will never forget I shot in an old rural graveyard.one of the older men stopped to tell me what he was going to do to me and I let him rip me a new one. When he was finished I took him over to the den entrance and showed him the human remains the foxes were carrying to the surface. The grave they had there den in was his great uncle. As a young lad i won that argument.

recoil junky

Voles or "pocket gophers", you know, the ones that push up those mounds of dirt, leave tubes or "trails" when the snow is gone? I've only glimpsed them, never "harvested' one.

The only other "gophers" I can add to your list are Columbian, Uintah and Wyoming ground squirrels.

I also saw a thirteen lined ground squirrel a couple days ago. They are not the nuisance like "gophers" are. That one was the first one I'd seen here in Colorado.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGQsTmD3GKWx9Fhw-lgqHYKyTVxdY9rw9bODJhWguRtDaWogBG

http://icwdm.org/handbook/rodents/13linedgroundsquirrel.asp

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Tags: