Whats the turkeys doing ?

Started by Antler3, April 03, 2006, 12:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antler3

I haven't had a chance to be out any yet, and our season starts this Saturday. Anybody done any scouting yet ? They should  be gobbling some in our parts. Plan on taking a walk tomorrow morning and see whats going on. Been awhile since I've been in the woods, am looking forward to just getting out a bit.
ANTLER 3

buckshot roberts

;) A3, it was a bust this weekend for some of the youth hunters, I ask around this morning about how it went this weekend, nobody knows of any being take'n,  Some said they could not get any to call back, now if ya don't call right, you want get a reply, I saw some a few day's ago coming in to feed around green apple tree's, the hen's have been doing this for a numbers of weeks, with the gobblers coming in behind them, around 10 am here, I got me a new call from callmaker, I'll be trying, the season opens here next weekend, and I wish all ya turkey hunters the best of luck,:D. Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

bowhunter 51

Season opened here, Saturday........Spied me some 8 or 10 hens feeding along
the edge of a field but the gobbler that was with them last week was not among
them then......that was Saturday and the farm tractors were rollin'. That's been
the best day so far in that the weather has been rather unco'operative with
strong wind gusts.....been other hunters around but not as many as expected.
Been trying to locate some roosting spots...no luck thus far.....
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

buckshot roberts

;) BH51, Ya I need to go backk and check to see if they are still coming in, not been in that area in about a week, I saw some sunday along the highway, around about 11am, but ya know how that is here this week gone the next. Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

bowhunter 51

Right Buckshot, another hunter done moved in on me here...Went on down
alittle further and set-up with hen decoy for a while.....drawed a coyote and a
cropduster which eventually forced me to throw my hands up......It kept buzzing
the field my hen decoy was in....I got a cord tied to it so that I can give it some
movement from time to time...thick rubber bands returns it to it's original
position...I paint it's eyeballs with clear nail polish....very realistic looking......
Oh Well.!....Maybe tomorrow.......I enjoyed being out there today..It was nice..
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

rockinbbar

Season opener is the 15th of this month...

The gobblers have been strutting & with the hens for 10 days here. They are Merriams turkey here.

Soon the hunters in the Natl. Forest can practice their "calling skills" on EACH OTHER....:D

They are funny to watch....one hunter followed another all day last year, then finally "caught" him at dark as the guy was leaving to go back to the truck. They just KNEW they were getting close to that BIG 'un! :D ;)
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

buckshot roberts

;) Hey BH51, A3 & Rbbr, I never let anyone in on where I plain to turkey hunt, now I have had to give up an move on to another spot,  yep I've been rooted out of a sopt 3 years ago, I have heard of other hunters callin in others, thats why I will not go after one, if he will not come in to me, Hey one always does, Yep each year ole wal-mart puts out them call's ya can hear them all over the store, and out in the parking lot, thats is why alot of turkeys will not gobble back, I done very good with the box call callmaker sent me, see the post this evening, yep next weekend it opens here,:D Ron

WHITETAIL HUNTER

Season doesn't open for another month up here, but I was able to call in a Tom this weekend, just playing around with him. I use my voval cords, done this for several years now, and them seem to respond, or atleast i fill my tags with good Tom's anyways.
I have seen some Jakes strutting, but nothing big yet, still alittle cold upp here.
Preserve the heritage, take a youth hunting.

Nothing outruns a deer, BUT A MAGNUM :eek:

Tags: