I'm back baby!!

Started by davidlt89, July 16, 2015, 04:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

Soooo, We have doe permits up in my neck of the woods this year. That means we are able to shoot does during the archery season without a permit. Awhile back I was having a grand time doing this then we had two really bad winters and they took all the doe permits away.

This lasted a good five years with no end in sight so I sold my bow. I have shot bear with a bow but I can take it or leave it. But shooting does was fun and we have all of october to hunt. It is nice weather with no bugs and literally no other hunters.

The bow I had was a fred bear instinct and I like it quite a bit, come to find out I have a friend with the exact same bow and I had asked him if I were to restring it if I could use it. He then asked me to buy it and I said ok. So we settled on a price and I got it home today.

I will take it to the local shop to restring it and tune it pretty soon. supposedly they have the "expertise" to do all that now. I am getting pumped as does are showing up in the back field. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

My first two compound bows were Fred Bear bows. The first was a "Whitetail". Killed a lot of game with that bow, but let a friend of mine talk me into getting a "Kodiak". Didn't like that bow much. Weighed about half the mass of the Earth, let-off was only about 40%, and the peak pull-through point was in a very bad part of the draw. Just a fundamentally bad design. I hunted with that bow for a while and killed a few caribou, but I didn't like the bow AND... my right shoulder was "growing old", literally. A spur on my acromion was starting to make drawing the bow just too painful. I thought I was going to have to give up bow hunting.

While at a the local archery shop (when my kids were competing in archery), I was whining to the proprietor about my problems when he recommended trying a Matthews. I liked, and trusted, the guy so I tried one he had on hand. It was love at first draw! I bought that bow on the spot. That bow saved my bow hunting. I killed a moose with it the very next fall. Even though my shoulder has continued to deteriorate, I can still draw and shoot that bow. I'm absolutely 'sold' on Matthews bows. (They cost too much though.)

Looking forward to more living vicariously through your hunting (and trapping) exploits, David.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: