Parker Hale unveiled

Started by sakorick, June 03, 2005, 06:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Banger

Yes the crossed lances form a large "X" with the "W" on the left and the "B" on the right and the "4" under the bottom. Sorry I confused you, I appreciate your information.
Mat

Brithunter

Glad we got it sorted. A 1971 vintage P-H 1200 Super Clip is what you have then.
Go Get them Floyd!

sakorick

Quote from: BrithunterGlad we got it sorted. A 1971 vintage P-H 1200 Super Clip is what you have then.
AMAZING....Brithunter solves another mystery...Way to go!:D
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Espanola

Hello Brithunter! I too have recently aquired a Parker Hale 'Safari Super' ser#213 and it has the crossed swords with: a dot at 12,  O at 9, 8(orB?) at 3 and a 2 at 6 o'clock.Could you give me a year of its manufacture? It's a 308 Norma Magnum conversion from 30-06. Glass bedded with a spacer  at rear anchor screw behind trigger-guard. Nice looking rifle, very similar to the earlier ones posted here except the cheekrest isn't as pronounced and the hand checkering isn't 'skipped', also the trigger is more of a 'C' shape. I'll post some pics soon.
Thanks,
Mel

fish

a buddy has its twin in .243 here in alabama.

Brithunter

Go Get them Floyd!

Espanola

[ATTACH]6166[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6167[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6168[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6169[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6170[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6171[/ATTACH]Here are some pics of my 1963 Parker Hale Safari Super 308 Norma Mag. Not really happy with them...plan to get some outdoor shots when I take it to the range.

Brithunter

Hmmm it would be nice to see the type of trigger mech they have fitted because as you said it's a much more curved blade than the later 1200's. Nice looking rifle though
Go Get them Floyd!

gitano

Nice rifle Espanola. Like to see it draped over a moose or elk. :)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Espanola

Hey Gitano,
Keep an eye out around here sometime in early November for that Parker Hale - on - moose shot!:cool:

Mel

Espanola

Quote from: BrithunterHmmm it would be nice to see the type of trigger mech they have fitted because as you said it's a much more curved blade than the later 1200's. Nice looking rifle though

Hi Brithunter,
I'll be posting some pics with the barrel assembly off the stock, I'll try to get close-ups of the trigger mech.
Mel

Brithunter

Thankyou. Look forward to them.
Go Get them Floyd!

Espanola

[ATTACH]6173[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6174[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6175[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6176[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6177[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6178[/ATTACH]Here are some pics of the trigger assy., close ups of the breach/receiver markings and a shot of the bedding. I also included a pic of the rear screw spacer...I believe this was installed during the bedding process or was it made by PH that way? One final Q is I noticed on the other PH 's a metal screw or lug showing on either side of the forestock...is that a different model mauser action?

gitano

Great pics Mel. The lug to which you refer is a recoil lug, and common on many forms of Mauser milsurps. I assume it was simply 'appropriated' by PH, bu tBH will probably know. Ditto for the pillar bedding post for the rear action screw.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Brithunter

Hi There,

The tube spacer you refer to is standard on most Mausers and it stops the wood crushing. The Bole showing on both sides on the forestock is a recoil bolt a lot of P-Hs; have them but it could depend on the year it was made I don't know. P-H used to do a very good bedding job on their rifles :p  my Model 1100M for instance has an extra recoil lug brazed or solver soldered to the barrel and their is a screw which goes in it though the bottom of the fore end. The lug and right back to the action recoil lug is glass bedded and this was done at the factory, the rifle is chambered in .458 WM :p .

The trigger mech looks like it is the same except for the more curved blade, I have a feeling that the trigger mech itself was brought in and made by Timney for Parker-Hale although I have no proof and mine are actually marked Parker-Hale which is moulded into the alloy housing :) .

P-H used normal commercial 98 mauser actions although there is a story that at the end of WW11 that the British forces took a load of K98 action new from the factories at repatriations which ended up in store at Golden Hillock raod in Birmingham which of course is P-H's place. These were their for many years and finally P-H asked what wa shappening wiht them. Of course the MOD had no use for them, the government dind't know they had them and couldn't care what happened to them :rolleyes:  so P-H built rifles on them :D .
Go Get them Floyd!

Tags: