Yoohoo Al... What about that postal match?

Started by gitano, January 29, 2009, 08:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

Oh yeah... Easy for you to say, now that you've seen my first submission.:help:

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Alboy

Scrounged around and found a pristine target out of an old NMLRA mag and will scan it in so we can have an official piece of paper to punch when printed out on normal letter size paper.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Alboy

Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

gitano

So let's see some targets, boys!

I know, you're just waiting a while out of kindness to me. That way I cna claim I was the "best" shot for a couple of weeks. ;)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Alboy

Well something like that and maybe some of going to meetings that don't make, with more than good reason. Good time had by everyone but you too, I might add.

Did you get everything done?

When were you able to get home?
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Alboy

I see where you are talking publicly about your Aunt. So I will add my condolences here where I hesitated before. Sorry for your loss.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Hunterbug

Hey guys, Knuckledragger asked me to post these for him. I don't know any of the details.

Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

knuckledragger

Hey guys.  Thanks to HB for posting my targets.  I figured you'd already called "cease fire" on the final final relay, with "saved rounds" and "alibi's" by now, but had been unable to access the internet or post when I could get on.  Something's still on my computer and causing problems.  They're cutting out my overtime, so I'll have plenty of time to attack that problem.  I'll post this while access lasts.  

THE MATCH:  Hadn't shot the GPR .54 for 8 months.  I fired 2 sighters and then the 3 groups you see here @ 25 m.  I had not had access to Black powder for a while and was using Pyrodex until I shot the match.  I'll probably need to tweak the sights if I stick with the Black Powder (which I most likely will).

Paul demanded bragging this time 'round.  Since I am so late and while I see absolutely NO competition  posted so far :rolleyes:, I will temper my gloating by letting my groups speak for themselves and to just repeat "Every Marine a Rifleman"- even  a bearded, long-haired, and slightly chubby, retired Marine who carries a Blackberry rather than a Rifle.

Semper Fi, KD
Not everyone gets a trophy.

Alboy

KD

Not trying to ignore this but have been pulled off in too many directins and new job duties.

Thanks for getting in your target and I do intend to put up a copeteing one but have to find a place to shoot it first.

May go up to Drinksgin's to do that only about 125 miles one way. Lost the near by lease I was using and the local rifle range will not accomodate the distance and size of the weapon.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

gitano

I wuz jus' waitin' 'til you showed up to speak for yourelf KD. As a matter of fact, I'm headed to the range today, and hope to post some targets that will at least give you a run for your money.

Al - "the local rifle range will not accomodate the distance and size of the weapon." WHAT!? :eek: What's Texas coming to? If you do get to Don and Venie's, tell 'em I said "Hi" and that the Texas onion sets are finally getting over the shock of The Great White North, and putting on growth. ;)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

Miracle of miracles, I actually got to the range today! On top of that, I got to shoot my .50-90 Sharps. Here's the target.

25 yds - hind legs. If you can't see the numbers, they are: 2.8" windage and 2.0" elevation. The last four were a pretty good group. I honestly don't know whether the first one was me or the rifle/cartridge.

C'mon Al, you're up, brudduh.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

buffalo bob

just noticed this.  is this only for real black or do subs work.  i only shoot goex pinnacle due to my wifes allergy to sulfur.

gitano

Shoot anything you want BBob. The more the merrier. This is just havin' a little good, clean fun. I think the only real constraint is that you shoot off-hand. Even that is more of a "guideline" instead of a "rule" :) as long as you describe how you shot.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

buffalo bob

sounds like fun.. have to punch a target tomorrow and try to put picture on here.  

buffalo bob

hope my picture comes out. first time. 5 shots between 25-30 yds offhand. 50-90 sharps armisport 1874 sharps. 32" barrel. the flier is explained by me holding a nearly 12# rifle and trying to sight in on a target. plain and simple. i have a question here. my front sight is moved way off center to the right and i still shoot right. could i move the rear one left a smidge to help correct this so i dont have the front one lying on the ground from being too far out there. by the was i am shooting 435gr cast performance flat nose gaschecks over 90gr by weight goex pinnacle. that is roughly equivalent to 103 gr by volume black powder. found that in a chart on "black powder loading for dummies"   also the ragged area upper left is what appears to be burn through from the back side .  had a steel soding backing to the target.  guess it held some of the heat.

Tags: