ood as a 30-30
1 (10%)
etter than a 30-30
9 (90%)
ot adequate for anything past 50 yards
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

22hornet

Quote from: RatherBHuntin;91599Actually the 35 Rem isn't very popular at all, it took me about two years to find one I think. They are only found in lever guns as far as I know, and the 30-30 probably outnumber 35s by at least 20 to 1. I would go as far as to say that in 5 years I probably have only seen a couple of them.

At least you can get cases to reload. Its a "special" (read expensive) order here. And I don't think there is any other cases you can make them from.

I looked up Remingtons ballistics.

200gn CoreLokt soft point, (I'm guessing it a round nose), 2080 fps, 1280ftlbs at 100yards

That pretty good in my book.:biggthumpup:  More than enough to nail any hog.
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

RatherBHuntin

Ron,

I wanted one in a Marlin specifically because I wouldn't mind putting a scope on it and changing the lines, whereas a Win 94 I wouldn't do that to.  The Marlin already being drilled and trapped makes it a cinch.  I'm thinking something along the lines of a fixed 4 power if I put a scope on it.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

gitano

:oops: :o :oops: :o :oops::o

I wasn't paying attention. I was thinking .358 Winchester when you clearly stated .35 Remington. Mea culpa.

That said, you can make .358 Winchester ammo from .308 Win/7.62 NATO brass. Also, you can load the .358 beefier than the .35 Rem.

That said, I fully understand that you have a rifle in sight that's chambered in .35 Rem and not .358 Win, buchaknow...

All you'd have to do is change the barrel to a .35 caliber one and chamber in .35 Win. :D You can get a 150-grain bullet going 2500 f/s pretty easy in a .35 Win, and you wouldn't have to change the bolt face...

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

buckshot roberts

RBh'n thats one good thing about a marlin.... mine had a scope of somekind on it shot very well...ammo was not hard to get...with all the old model Rem 08's and 14's still being used at that time.............Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Mauserfan in TX

Congrats on the find. 'Round my neck o'the woods, .35 Rem. is still sold across the counter @ Wally-World. The Marlin in .35 Rem is real popular here, and that is why you don't find many of them for sale used. Most folks that have them hang on to them. Same goes for the older 600 type  Remington .350 mags.
8\'s is Great
Col Charles Askins

Tags: