1st Washington Merriams of the season

Started by CallMaker, May 04, 2012, 08:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CallMaker

Last Friday I was invited to hunt a spot where I have never hunted turkeys, only deer. The owner said that he had seen some birds around. Set up a few minutes after 2 PM and started calling with the wingbone. Right away I had a couple immature birds show up (a hen and a beardless jake) and start dancing around. Called a couple more times and then shut up. In about 20 minutes this guys shows up, he never made a sound, just appeared.

Ed Blankinship

PCBA
http://www.pcba-inc.org/

knuckledragger

Congrats Callmaker.  Now those are two things I have never done: taken a bird with a bow and used the wing bone.   Judging by your User Name, is it safe to assume you made the wing bone call?   I have one made by a guy I met a few years back, but Ive never quite got the hang of it.  

KD
Not everyone gets a trophy.

gitano

Nice bird! and with a bow to boot! Congratulations!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

buckshot roberts

:2thumbsup:callmaker, what size broadhead you use, this spring season was not all that good in most parts of the state here.....
knuckledragger you should try your wingbone call sometimes,I've made a few over the years.........Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Hunterbug

Taking a turkey with a bow, that's impressive! Good job.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Tags: