Youth participation in hunting and fishing.....

Started by Gmoney, September 29, 2005, 09:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmoney

One of the other threads on here reminded me of something very important that we should all take notice of....the number of people hunting and fishing in the US is on a steady decline and has been so for many years now....Research has been done on this matter and it has been determined that many different things can be held accountable for this decline but that is another discussion....

For me personally this is very alarming especially since the populations are steadily increasing....culture plays a big part in this but like I said that is another discussion....

I do all that I can to try to introduce people, especially youth, to hunting and fishing....I have volunteered for Operation Orphans which is a hunting program for orphans that occurs just outside of my parents hometown in Mason, TX....kids get to participate on donated doe and cull hunts by surrounding landowners...most recently I have volunteered for the Texas Youth Hunt Program that allows kids to fill out an application to be drawn for tags....next year I will enroll in training so I will be the one to coordinate the hunts and set it all up.....I do this along with any other opportunities that may arise on a day-to-day basis....

The point is that we all should go out of our way to introduce youth to our love of hunting and fishing so that they too will be able to someday carry-on this rapidly waning passion of mine.... We must turn this around and everyone must do all they can...thanks for reading....Greg
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

Antler3

Yes I agree with you and applaud your efforts in the matter. We have a special youth season here, that starts before the main season, to give them a chance at bagging game before the adults go a field. The youth in our area have grown up with the hunting & fishing sports and alot do participate.
ANTLER 3

Gmoney

We have the same season here as in TX as well Antler.....it gives my little bro the chance to bag the big one before I do though.....:(....but it is okay.....:)
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

Tags: