Cast bullets lube

Started by drinksgin (deceased), December 24, 2014, 12:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drinksgin (deceased)

I just found a thread on cast boolits forum, new tumble lube, I am going to have to try it, though I do not have leading problems with my methods now.
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

farmboy

Quote from: drinksgin;136507I just found a thread on cast boolits forum, new tumble lube, I am going to have to try it, though I do not have leading problems with my methods now.
what did you find out does it work and maybe not as messy as some of them?

drinksgin (deceased)

I have not been able to find the liquid wax here, I shall keep looking,though.
It is 60-40 Lee liquid lube and  S C  Johnson one step no buff floor wax.

gitano

I'm sure you've seen the new "powder coating". I'm thinking about that for the .50 Alaskan. I'm interested in what you find out with this Lee/Johnson concoction.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

farmboy

I have a friend that is doing the powder coating and is making it work cheaply. He bought a toaster oven at a yard sale for 5 bucks so he did not put lead in his kitchen stove and puts the bullets in a plastic coffee can and shakes them around picks them out with pliers and puts them on a tray ready to bake. He says the humidity has to be low to make the powder to stick.

gitano

QuoteHe says the humidity has to be low to make the powder to stick.

NO problem here!

What that really refers to is "static electricity". We all know that static electricity is 'higher' when the air is dry. I could go into an explanation - the same reason we run a wet comb through our hair to cause our 'staticy' hair to lay down - but I don't think it's necessary to this thread.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

A wet comb?
What is a comb?
What is hair?
Questions,questions.

farmboy

Quote from: drinksgin;136789A wet comb?
What is a comb?
What is hair?
Questions,questions.
What is hair? Think back way back! lol

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

22hornet

Any more news with this Don? The lube I mean, not the hair. ;)
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

gitano

Quote from: 22hornet;138614Any more news with this Don? The lube I mean, not the hair. ;)
Ditto...

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: