Kansas Bird Hunt

Started by sakorick, December 03, 2015, 01:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

We had a blast. The weather was great on day one(freezing rain) then the roads thawed out and most were impassable. We ended up with 6 Roosters and 14 Quail despite our generally poor shooting. We put up a covey of Quail in every field we hunted and that is a tremendous rebound from recent poor numbers. The dog work was exceptional and Eric won the king of the hunt with his dog Dotte. My dog Bela won the best retrieve award and John won the most jammed up gun prize. :sweatdrop: Turned out it was his high brass Remington factory loads that swelled up and trapped the slide from ejecting.......my reloads fixed that! Here is a picture of Dotte, Eric and his first days haul......not bad for 2 boxes of shells!!:jumpingsmiley: The beautiful sunrise on the way home.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

sakorick

Oops forgot the sunrise....
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

JaDub

The sunrise can be the most inspiring !!   You guys had a great day....I`m envious .

gitano

I'm gonna make one of those hunts!

Glad you guys had a good time!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Bill Thibeault

Looks like a good time was had by all!  Glad the Kansas bird populations have recovered.  It was pretty poor back in 2012 and 2013 when I last hunted out there with you and Eric.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."(George Orwell)

Hunterbug

Great hunt. I'm glad you had a good time.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

buckshot roberts

We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Tags: