Coyotes w/ Action Pics & Buster

Started by rockinbbar, September 28, 2008, 11:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockinbbar

Barbara & I went out & made 4 stands just checking out new calling areas towards the foothills....

First stand one came in from my right, around a hill & was heading towards the FoxPro.
He was hard to get a good shot on, as the weeds & brush are grown to waist high now, due to all the rain.

The coyote was weaving in & out & about the time I shot, he zagged....Missed! :(

Barbara made up for it though....she nailed it at a run as it was exiting the area.

Next stand we called in a coyote that trotted right past me from behind, & kept going past the caller towards Barbara....I tried "woofing" him to a stop, to no avail for her. He kept going & Barbara opened up w/ her AR 15. First shot drew hair, & he went at a fast pace over the hill.
It was a clean miss, just puffed some hair....He was lucky. ;)

Next stand was dry. No coyotes.

The next stand I called a coyote straight in. He came at a trot, then turned downwind....He caught our scent & made a long lope to about 85 yards where Barbara put him down, DRT!

Now to Buster's fun! :D

As some of you may know, I'm working with Buster as my decoy dog.

Well, the first coyote was hit in the hip & was down in the back, but not out by a long-shot!
Buster gets in there on him & tangos a bit with him.
It's good training & the coyote had plenty of fight left.

While Buster is in need of a dog that will show him how to go in for a kill, he did really well.

As you can see, he has no "back-up" to him at all.....

Might have to get Daryl down here & bring his dogs for a few stands w/ Buster.

I didn't do anything but take pictures, call, & MISS!

I was proud of Barbara & Buster though. It was a fun day!
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

bowhunter 51

:biggthumpup: Excellent stuff, Barry / Barbara / Buster!.................................BH51......
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

Daryl (deceased)

Bud'd be more'n happy to show Buster the ropes when it comes to killing coyotes.

Kara's the hunter of the two, but Bud dearly loved to grab 'em and make sure they're dead forever.

I'll make it over there this winter, Barry. Count on it!

Congrat's on the successes.  Looks like y'all are having more fun than me. ;)

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

rockinbbar

I think it's still hot there isn't it, Daryl?

It was around 45 yesterday morning when we started out......The coyotes had furred up some, especially the first one.

I just won't call in the heat.

Barry

Daryl (deceased)

It's still plenty hot here, Barry.

Was around 55* early this morning, and 81* now.  Probably be another couple of weeks before I start calling here.  The heat makes it hard, and I'd like for the mesquitos to settle down a bit.

Need a good freeze for that, and I don't think that'll happen for another month or so.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

davidlt89

QuoteI didn't do anything but take pictures, call, & MISS!
you were still a vital part of the team! looks like you guys had fun and tell Barbara thats some good shootin. Wish it were like that up here, just to much woods. do you guys see many bobcat? really rare to have one come to the call up here, once one does, it is usually straight to the taxidermist!. God bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

rockinbbar

There's a bunch of cats here. Usually one every 10 stands or so. Depending on how they are moving.

I'll tell Barbara the compliment is from you, David.

Thanks

Gmoney

-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

M. R. Byrd

I'm a stuttering with all the "B's".

Bravo Barbara, Barry, Buster.
Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City

RatherBHuntin

Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

rockinbbar

Quote from: M. R. Byrd;83662I'm a stuttering with all the "B's".

Bravo Barbara, Barry, Buster.

:D:D......Thanks Guys!

Greg, Did your new toy come in?

gitano

Coyote calling is just absolutely great fun! Congrats to all.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

Is that a giant schnauzer?

Callin' yotes is a hoot. We don't have so many close to the house but there are a bunch out north on the BLM where the sheep congregate.

Looks like everybody had a ball, 'cept the yotes.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

rockinbbar

RJ,

He's a standard schnauzer....pretty uncommon in the U.S.

Gotta stay after the yotes down here too, or they get pretty problematic.

Barry

Gmoney

New toy is in and boy she's a looker and lightweight...grin...

Had a small die problem that will delay my range trip Friday...

No big deal, just wanted to shoot it Friday but I won't...
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

Tags: