Whacking & Stacking Over the Holidays!

Started by rockinbbar, January 05, 2009, 08:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockinbbar

We had to go work & ship cattle over the holidays, but we had a chance to get in a few stands while were at it....;)

A few highlights.

Barbara & a nice coyote

My Dad...

Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

rockinbbar

A few more over the holidays...

Stand Location of the last coyote...

Buster finishing the job on a coyote.

Barbara with her coyote on a stand where we doubled on a male & female..

My contribution to the double.

A couple more we took.

The Ghillie is a Rancho Safari long coat that zips up & covers your legs while sitting...I have not had a coyote spot me yet while wearing it. It works great!

rockinbbar

Buster tracking one down...

If you get one that doesn't fall right there, & your attention is drawn to other coyotes coming in, you have no trouble finding them with Buster along.

I don't know how many he has found for us, but it's a bunch!

Good dog, Buster!

gitano

Great pics! Looks like great fun. Wish we had "varmint" hunting up here.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

rjohnsonsrt

Looks like a great way to spend the holidays!  Those are some great pics!

Gmoney

-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

davidlt89

excellent pics! don't know who is having more fun, you, or the dog:D .
I could hunt coyotes all winter up here and never see that many!!!! Great job. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Paul Hoskins

Great job and pic's. Kill'em all and let God sort'em  out. Keep up the good work. Buster sure looks like he's enjoying it too.    ..........David, I don't understand why you don't see many coyotes up there. I've killed a lot up there bear hunting.    ............Paul H

Alboy

Rockin I was taking a good look at your Dad, that apple didn't fall far from the tree.................and that is a compliment.
Nice job on the yotes.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

davidlt89

QuoteDavid, I don't understand why you don't see many coyotes up there. I've killed a lot up there bear hunting. ............Paul H
[/B]
thats a good question Paul. I won't say seeing coyotes is rare, but it just does not happen that much. there are a lot here, but it is hard to get them to come to a call. I am not an experienced coyote hunter but I have friends that are. Just using a call, they may get 10 a winter. put a bait out and you could double that. I have heard of many people seeing coyotes while on their bear bait, I have never. I have only shot one and I was hunting deer at the time. They did away with our snare program awhile back, they used to take a lot that way. you have to remember also, there is more woods in my county then there is in the rest of the state. they have a lot of food up here! God bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

bowhunter 51

That's a pretty good collection of  images, Barry.....Whacking and Stacking
is definately "right on"........I'm in about the same boat with davidt.....We
got'em but rarely able to kill'em.....mostly coincidental confrontations
huntin' or farmin'........Baiting is most reliable method.....even then, they
can be most difficult to lure within range...thanks for sharing...............BH51...
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

Paul Hoskins

Barry, I like this thread so much I've gone back over it twice. I would love to hunt coyotes in a place like that. It just looks like coyote country.   .........Keep mowing them down.   ..........Paul H

rockinbbar

Thanks guys for the comments.

Paul, it's pretty fun hunting coyotes out West. Not all places are that productive, but if weather holds for you, & the wind stays down the calling is generally pretty good.;)

Greg, Not to worry...:D I've only scratched the surface there.

RatherBHuntin

Nice take Barry, hope your father had a good time.  Is he the coyote killer you are?
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Paul Hoskins

Barry, go shoot some more coyotes and post pictures and the story. I love it.   .............Paul H

Tags: