Best inexpensive rifle

Started by buckman, January 22, 2005, 06:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sav17

Hi,
I have a tikka T3 synthetic in.223rem good rifle but as for inexpensive,OK its cheaper than a sako and virtually the same quality,but mine cost me 520 pounds could have had a CZ 200 pounds cheaper and they are excellent rifles, looking at buying a CZ american at the moment in 308 for 360 pounds.;)
Keep safe...........Richie
happiness is a critter in the crosshairs

Rohann

I would still recommend a Savage.
I am actually starting to change my mind about buying a Savage model 10FP though, and going with a Remington 700 VS, but for hunting and basic shooting purposes, Savage is the way to go.

-Rohann

sav17

Quote from: RohannI would still recommend a Savage.
I am actually starting to change my mind about buying a Savage model 10FP though, and going with a Remington 700 VS, but for hunting and basic shooting purposes, Savage is the way to go.

-Rohann
Hi Rohann,
I  have a savage 17hmr,the stainless one with the grey laminated stock excellent rifle,but in the UK it cost me 460 pounds not as expensive as an anschutz in the same calibre but not cheap none the less,I think that works out around around 600 dollars,but I saw the identical rifle on an american sales site, discounted to 280 dollars,need to come stateside to buy my guns:rolleyes: .The remington rifles sell for less than the tikka,s but slightly more than the CZ and then by the time you pay our silly scope prices it can work out very expensive for what you might class as a budget outfit.My tikka t3 lite synthetic fitted with a zeiss diatal z 6x42 cost me just over 900 pounds,worth every penny though:D
Keep safe ......Richie
happiness is a critter in the crosshairs

Tags: