Photos

Started by Hiker, December 02, 2005, 08:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunterbug

Thoes are some nice deer Hiker. What do you do with all the antlers?
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Rodders

Awesome!

The bottom picture looks like it could have been taken in the KwaZulu-Natal Midlands of South Africa (except then the Mule Deer would have been a Southern Reedbuck). The top picture, well, I have hunted in heavy rain before, but not in that nasty white stuff. :D

Hiker

Thanks! Ron.

Hunterbug, I usually do horn mounts or if they are bigger, shoulder mounts.

Rodders, :D That was some cold weather in the snow photo. When we finally made it back to the truck, the temperature read -8 F without the wind.

bowhunter 51

Ha..Ha..Haaa...Yea, looks like -8 degrees in the snow pic...Your snoz is 3 shades
red'r than your shirt :D ...It's a wonder you didn't loose it to frostbite...but man
that is one nice deer.......the one in the pic beneath it ain't no slouch either......
if'n I had harvested them critters, you can bet there would've been some stories
posted on them... you would've thought you was reading something out of an
outdoors magazine..................Great stuff, Hiker................................BH51..
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

Hiker

"Ha..Ha..Haaa...Yea, looks like -8 degrees in the snow pic...Your snoz is 3 shades
red'r than your shirt :D ...It's a wonder you didn't loose it to frostbite..."

Bowhunter51, I didn't realize how red my nose was until you pointed it out. LOL! That was one cold night, I shot that buck right before dark, about 2-3 miles back in and it took forever to drag it out but thankfully my good friend, Rick Mc. was with me to help me.
 I use to run long traplines on foot as a kid and have been in some bad weather and windchills that hit -30 and below. It's amazing I still have all of my toes and fingers. Trapping Beaver and Rats at that temperature is crazy and I've fell through the ice more then I care to remember, LOL! By the Grace of God, I'm still here.

bowhunter 51

Yep,..I hear that!..:)....Heck, we hardly ever see temperatures in the teens
much less, below 0.......And those muley's are huge.......Man!.......Ya'll got it
going on, over there in Colorado...................................................BH51..
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

Hiker

"Man!.......Ya'll got it
going on, over there in Colorado.......................................... .........BH51.."

bowhunter51, Grace pure Grace! I've hunted hard and have studied animals all of my life but it still boils down to Gods Grace. The Lord gave me a lot of lean years but over the last 8 or so years has given me my largest bucks of my life. I'm still waiting on a Booner or a P & Y buck and maybe someday The Lord will bless me with one. As long as I can give Him the glory and stay humble through it.

Bowedark

Look like u had a good season, my luck be with you

Hiker

Bowedark, You had a good year last year too. Thanks for posting your photos on the other thread.

Hiker

Please post some of your Muleys. :D

Bowedark

No Guides, on Public Land, Nonresident

Hiker

Thanks Bowedark. Those are some nice muleys. Great job! Did you put them on your wall?

Hiker

Jerry, Gordy and Mike. 2005 WY

Hiker

These are a couple from 2004, Jeremy's first buck and a few years back.

recoil junky

Here's the nice little 3 point Sam got last year. Nice and fat plus a pretty big body.

This is Ben's first deer back in '01

I have yet to shoot a muley in Colorado, I've just been to picky. :rolleyes:

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Tags: