5 (11.1%)
enelli
1 (2.2%)
ther - post about it
1 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 29

subsonic

Which one do you like best?

Poll is multiple choice. Pick as many as you want.

davidlt89

Mossberg baby!!!! Got to love the tang safety, it is great for us left handed shooters. Gun is also affordable and durable. did not know you could pick more than one!!! I do like the little pardner pump from H&R. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

RatherBHuntin

Quote from: davidlt89;73301Mossberg baby!!!! Got to love the tang safety, it is great for us left handed shooters. Gun is also affordable and durable. did not know you could pick more than one!!! I do like the little pardner pump from H&R. God Bless.
ditto, tang safeties are my favorite, be it shotgun or rifle.  

Mossbergs are usually the cheapest too
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

subsonic

There are only 2 things I don't like about my Mossberg.

It jams if you cycle it while pointing up sometimes.

The forearm rattles.

The Remingtons don't have those problems, but I hate the safety and they're more expensive and don't balance as well for me.

davidlt89

I have a ulti-mag 835 and the shell can fall out while recycling a round if you have the right side of the reciever pointed towards the ground. I just stopped doing that and have not had a problem since. the forearm of the 835 does not rattle!!! one difference I noticed from my old 500.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

LvrLover

I have a moss 500 and a rem 870 and love them both. I've never had a malfunction of any kind with either shotgun. Both have been used by law enforcement and military, are very durable, and are easy to maintain. I use my mossberg for hunting because its lighter aluminum frame is easier to carry all day. I use the remington as my "house" gun and have it set up for CQB. Needless to say I feel well armed anywhere I go.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils." General John Stark

Alboy

The old Winchester Model 12 is my no holds barred favorite.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

bowhunter 51

I've got both the Mossberg 835 & a Remington 870...I like the tang
safety much better on the Mossberg and it shoots magnums too...I use
it most often...But...for upland game like rabbit and quail, I'd use my
Remington with game loads................................................................BH51...
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

subsonic

That's surprising that the Mossberg is tied with the Remington. I really figured there'd be more Remington fans on here.

I'm REALLY surprised that nobody voted for any others besides Winchester.

Vermonster

Guess I was the first to vote for a Benelli.  I have a Nova, and it's been pretty good to me.  Not bad on price either.  I also have 2 Rem 870's, which are pretty darn good too......

Autonomous Citizen

For the money, there can't be a better pump than the 870
responsibility faith freedom
wisdom patience truth education
humility discretion morality

Rick

darr

I had to choose 3.The Win mod.12 because it is a good old American hand made,machined and affordable piece of history.I have one I use for potshoots that patterns heavy fast loads like no other gun I have seen.Next the 870 speaks for itself by pure #s.The Wingmaster version is a nice looking gun that you just can't break.Finally the Ithaca M37.Balance and bottom eject are what I like about this gun.It is a shame that a distinguished American Co. couldn't make it with all of its successes.That reminds me I would like to find a nice M37 in 20 gauge with a 26" barrel choked modified.

Darr

mordecai jones

I usually only shoot a sxs or ou scattergun but I do have 1897 Winchester copy trench gun and I like it a lot, I guess it isn't techincally a Winchester.

AZ Shooter Gal

i have an 870 12 ga. and an 1100 12 ga.  the 870 is set up for combat, has a pistol grip and full stock.  the 1100 i used for 3-gun matches.:biggthumpup:

LuAV8R

I've got a 20 Gauge Mossberg that's been a phenomenal shotgun for 10+ years now with no problems at all - that means it survived me rabbit hunting with it all year long from the flat bed of my dad's truck across wheat, bluegrass, and CRP fields - thousands of shots! Not to mention, bird hunting, trap shooting, etc.

However, my vote is for the Remington 870 - I'm not sure that there's a better pump shotgun out there. Although, I have had very good experiences with Winchesters also.
"On land, on sea, at home abroad
I smoke my pipe and worship God."
-Johann Sebastian Bach

noel

now just for fun I'll ruffle a feather or two!my favourite shotgun is the first one I bought when I started hunting 30 or so years ago. a model 37 Ithaca featherlight.30 inch full and according to shooters who are far better than ,it's very"tight" after a brief period of big shells I determined that #6
Better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!
member;National Fiirearms Assocciation
Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters
gun owners of Canada
North American Hunting Club

babbyc1000

ive only ever fired two pumps, both were mossbergs so i had to pick that; having said that id love to get my hands on a franchi spas 12 or spas 15 only i dont have about £2000 to spare at the mo lol!

personally i prefer semi auto's tho - i find everytime i pump the slide on a p/a i cant stop myself pulling the trigger again! :P:P:P
Dont worry, I have a cunning plan...

AZ Shooter Gal

I don't remember which Spas I shot. It was in the late 80s. It was switchable from auto to pump. It is often used in movies because it alledgedly look 'cool'. It was the worst handling firearm I have ever handled. In auto it was so slow you could see the bolt cycle!. We wound up calling it a SPASTIC!!! I installed a synthetic full length pistol grip stock for the owner, he thought the Choate stock on my 870 looked 'cool'. I will never understand how the Spas developed a following let alone a reputation as a good shotgun.

Brithunter

Hi all,

The only pump I had was a Mossberg Slugster which of course is a Model 500 with 24" barrel 8 shot tube cylinder bore and rifle sights. When shooting overhead clays it could drop a cartridge down through the skeleton shell lifter ........................ but .......................................... but only when using 65mm (2 1/2") shells. Never did it with 70mm cartridges ( 2 3/4"). It missfired once on the clay line and it turned out to be some muck under the hammer stopping it latching back on the sear, easy to fix just pushed out the trigger retaining pins blew the debris out and popped it back together to continue shooting clays!

As for Spas :greentongue:  yuuuuck they came out when I was interested in Practical Shotgun (hence the Slugster) I looked at one and found it a real pice of expensive wanna be junk.

Awkward clumsy and unreliable is how I would describe the ones I handled, shot and saw being used, the owners were so proud that they wanted others to see how good they were. That soon back fired on them, I suspect those Franchi owners probably would have brought Weatherby's if they had been into hunting rifles ............. No I really dislike them you know all hype and little substance.
Go Get them Floyd!

babbyc1000

hmmm ok, havnt fired one yet so i cant comment too much lol! i freely admit tho, the only reason i want to try them (and a saiga 12) is because of the hype that surrounds them, id love to get an hour or two in a field with one of them, just to see how they actually do handle :)
Dont worry, I have a cunning plan...

Tags: