ingle shot
2 (4.4%)
ide-by-Side
17 (37.8%)
ver & Under
5 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 40

buckshot roberts

Which do you have or choose, it can be any gauge, model or brand.
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Daryl (deceased)

I actually prefer a good single shot.  Mine's an old (50+ years old) Winchester mod 37 in 20 gauge.

I do a lot of walking when I hunt, and I like the light weight of the single shot.  Besides, this one shoots where I look, so who needs another shot? ;)

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Gmoney

I prefer a single shot or a pump personally.....I have just grown up with a pump and it has treated me well...

I believe for first time shotgun owners or beginners a pump or single is the only way to go.......it forces you to aim each shot....I've seen way too many people with autos that just shoot 3 times as fast as they can with no regard for aiming......bad habits can be formed from autos IMHO......
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

buckshot roberts

;) I myself grew up on a savage model 24, but when I took to bird hunt'n ,I went to the auto,( because when you hunt to eat) I was just get'n 2 grouse at a time, with a single, but with a model 50 winchester auto, man I was bring'n home 5-6, shot 3, put in 3, The last bird hunt I was on I used a winchester model super-x model 1 with a 4 shot mag, out of 30 shot's I got 24 birds, I did use a model 37 in 2 3/4 30 inch bbl that someone had put a ex-full ck in to turkey hunt with until 96, I than went to the super-x model 2 3 1/2 inch, in 2002, But I still get one shot to kill, ( were not for the single shot when i was a kid)?.
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Daryl (deceased)

I still remember years ago when I went quail hunting with a couple of co-workers/friends from a gunshop I was working at. They both "borrowed" 12 gauge pumps from the used gun rack (one of them was part owner of the store), and I took my 20 gauge single shot. On the way out, they kept giving me a hard time about my single shot. They were saying they'd be done hunting by 10:00, and then they'd have to wait all day for me to get my limit.

Well, we hunted all day all right, but when we came home, Steve had 4, Van had 3, and I had my limit of 15. Oh, and they'd also each shot up 3-4 boxes of shells...while I shot up a couple of shells less than 1 box.

I've owned and shot 1 pump and a couple of semi-autos, but I always end up back using the single shot. It's just what I like to use.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Jay Edward (deceased)

Quote from: buckshot robertsWhich do you have or choose, it can be any gauge, model or brand.
[/color]

Old Ansley Fox side-by-sides Buckshot... reckon I can't vote in your poll.

[/color][/size]

LLANOJOHN (deceased)

Hmmmmmm!

I started out as a mere lad of 10 years with a Sears bolt action in .410.  Moved to a Win Model 12, 20 gauge, when I was 12.  Have owned/shot several autos like the Win Mdl 50, Remington 1100 and Browning Auto 5.  First SxS was a Richland Mdl 202, 12 gauge 3" mag with 2 sets of barrels, 30" F&F, 26" IC & M.

I feel comfortable shooting most any shotgun but really prefer the SxS's.  I currently have a Win Model 37 single barrel, Win Mod 1200-20 gauge and my new pride and joy......a Stoeger Uplander SxS in 20gauge 3"mag, 26" IC & M.

The Stoeger Uplander would be my preference for duck/goose over decoys but it is the lead shot only model.  Oh well:( !

Some day perhaps I will have the opportunity to hunt Chukar & Pheasant...I do believe the Uplander would accomplish with aplomb!:D

Ol' John....:cool:
Life Member-NRA-TSRA
Riflesmith-Bolt & Lever Centerfires Only
Left-Hand Creek Rifles
Mark Twain was right-"There is no such thing as too much good whiskey!"
My best advice.."Best to stay outta trees and offa windmills!"

Widlcat

Seems the side by sides may lead a little easier, you know, right to left and backwards from that, but there's something about an O/U, that's what I like.
On the other hand, if you like a pump, single shot, autoloader, side by side or O/U, and you get what you go after with it, stick with it!

WHITETAIL HUNTER

I have used bolt action, single shot, and pump. But the one I love is my semi, seems that every time I flush a partige them seem to come up in pairs, and with the semi I have been able do it only a couple of times (double bird), but like posted before, I rather someone take care aim, use whats comfortable, and stick with it. One shot=one animal.
Preserve the heritage, take a youth hunting.

Nothing outruns a deer, BUT A MAGNUM :eek:

Jay Edward (deceased)

Quote from: Jay Edward[/color][/size] Old Ansley Fox side-by-sides Buckshot... reckon I can't vote in your poll.
Alright... I added side-by-side to the 'poll' and voted.  After all, we wouldn't want to leave out the really worthwhile shotgun type, would we?
[/color][/size]

buckshot roberts

;) Good go'n, like they say, each vote counts.

Rohann

Pump (or maybe auto) for me, depending on the situation.

-Rohann

gitano

Quote from: buckshot robertsWhich do you have or choose.
What... no OUs? Don't care for them myself. :)

I like best - by a wide margin - SxSs.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Twizzler

I carry an over and under ( cant vote ) so I would have to go with the side by side. old LC Smith

Hunterbug

I have an auto loader. I would love a good side-by but since I never shoot the shotgun I have and don't really hunt birds I can't come up with a reason to justify the expense. And they are expensive!
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Tags: