Standard Cartridge Series - 22-250 Remington

Started by Jay Edward (deceased), October 11, 2004, 08:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Edward (deceased)

This is my other .22 centerfire.  I purchased it originally when it first came out as a special run in the Remington Classic.  It shot mediocre until I found an old article about the use of 4831 in this cartridge.  I tried out a lightly compressed load...and it shot tiny little groups in the center of the target.  My rifle has an old Weaver 12X on it and I sure like the way it looks.  Fits in with my old fogey, traditional attitude.

LLANOJOHN (deceased)

Jay,

Another of the great CLASSIC cartridges that will do everything required of a 22 centerfire.  If you only desire one caliber for varmints to 350yds(further if wind is not a factor), this is it!!

A top choice any way you want to look at it!

Ol' John...:)
Life Member-NRA-TSRA
Riflesmith-Bolt & Lever Centerfires Only
Left-Hand Creek Rifles
Mark Twain was right-"There is no such thing as too much good whiskey!"
My best advice.."Best to stay outta trees and offa windmills!"

NUMBERFARMER

This is a great cartridge that is easy to load for. I have owned three rifles in this caliber and each of them liked 55 grain bullets over H380. I don't currently have a 22-250 since none of the ones I have owned shot as well as my 225 Win. The two cartridges are almost identical in performance. The 22-250 is a great cartridge and capable of extraordinary accuracy when matched with a good handload.

Tags: