God's Love

Started by motor (deceased), October 20, 2004, 08:55:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

motor (deceased)

"For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.  For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement."    Romans 5:6-11

Have you ever asked yourself, why does God love me so much? as i think back over my 75 years i remember many times when i was living out of the will of God, living in sin which God hates, yet He loved me so much He went to the cross and suffered and died that i might have eternal life..At times i struggled with pride, so i believe i earned his love..pride tells me i am loved only when i am lovable..then at other times i have a fear deep inside that i don't deserve the love i get..even though i am living what i think is a good and acceptable life i still have that fear that someone will unmask me showing that i am much less than what others think me to be..so what i am trying to say is when i consider my relationship with God, i tend to believe that his love is based on what i do..But thank God He does not love us because we deserve it..He loves us in spite of ourselves..
in 1 Jonn 4:10, he says,"Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins." because of what Jesus done on the cross, we know that God will always love us..that alone should get rid of our pride and all our fears..i have often said, if i had realized how much God loved me when i was younger, how much more i could have done for him..What a wonderful Saviour..:)

Oh, such love, my soul, still ponder
Love so great, so rich,so free
Say while lost in Holy wonder
"Why, Oh Lord, such love for me."
Just an ole sinner saved by grace

Tags: