Welcome Back!!!!

Started by knuckledragger, October 05, 2004, 03:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knuckledragger

Welcome back and thank you for sticking with it and getting things going again, I sorely missed these forums.  Hopefully the word trickles out and we';; start seeing our frineds return.

An update from here:  since my wife took my extra pay from Haiti and wasted it paying bills (we'll have to come to some agreement before I go to Iraq, that tax free $ could really bump up the inventory in the gun safe), it took a while to get the T/C .243 for my daughter but its here finally, we'll put some rounds through it soon.  Got invited to hunt on some private land this year, so hopefully she'll get her first deer.  All else is going great.

Knuckledragger
Not everyone gets a trophy.

Daryl (deceased)

Welcome back knuckledragger!  I'm glad to see you made it back ok.

If (any of) you happen to have other member's e-mail addys, we'd sure appreciate it if you'd let them know that we're back up.  It's a little rustic right now until RB gets the individual forums installed again, but it's sure good to see familiar faces again!

If any of you haven't seen it, you can read what happened to the forum here.  Be sure to follow the link to the thread on another board that pretty well explains what happened to the old server.

Thanks again,
Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

knuckledragger

Daryl-  I read it last night, I guess nothing surprises me anymore.  All you can do is shake your head and hope the next guy is more trustworthy, but this medium is so anonymous, anyone can be be whatever they want to say they are and you dont find out until the pressure builds and they fail.  I did learn an important lesson from this and I'll cache a few of the forum members emails this time.  I wish I had a few to pass the word.  

Knuckledragger

kombi1976

I'm totally with Knuckledragger. I read that link too. The hucksters that exist on the Net are unbelievable. I guess you can be done over in any business situation but even if you give this guy the benefit of the doubt he has a responsibility to his client to deliver or at least to notify them if he can't.

And yes, I have been missing this forum like crazy. It's become like a little family in a lot of ways & without it Aussie Pete & I would never have had that weekend's shooting in June which was a good time. I just hope people keep searching for it and we don't lose anyone.

But it's great to see you back.

:cool:

Cheers & God Bless
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

Daryl (deceased)

Knuckledragger,

I had several people's e-mail addys, but I had a computer crash back in July and had to rebuild this electronic contraption. It's (much) better than it was before, but I'll be sure to save important info to either a CD or my second hard drive.

Lessons learned the hard way are not easily forgotten!

Welcome back Kombi!  It's good to see you made it.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

HARRY SACZ

It is nice to be back, how mant people have returned so far?

Daryl (deceased)

It looks like 14 so far, but the site's only been up since last night.  I'd expect that number to grow substantially over the next couple of weeks.

Welcome back Harry Sacz!

Az

RIP Linden33

mtsharps

its great to be back home

rockinbbar

Hey knuckledragger,

Glad you found us again! Yep, sometimes the ol' gun safe takes a back seat to groceries & gas & stuff like that!....LOL.

Glad to see a few regulars coming in as they think to check on the site.

Spread the word!

Rockinbbar
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

kombi1976

Actually, Knuckledragger, I'll do my best to get someother guys back on. Gotta email Aussie Pete anyhow so he'll be first on my list.
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

mt40x

Glad to see the site up and run sure miss it

Vermonster

Welcome back all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

cgphunter

Hey all. I have been checking for the forum for a while now and I'm glad to see ya'll put it back up. I was getting scared you guys would decide it just wasn't worth the trouble, in which case I was going to email you and see if some of the old members couldn't spend a little dough and get the place back up. We have plenty of talent here and I'd hate to see it just go away.

I have met some great people on this sight and although I've only been a member for a year I really felt comfortable asking questions, and on on the rare occasion giving advice.

I have almost completed referbishing a British .303 and my new scope arrives tomorrow and I can't wait to post some pict once the Firearms and ammo forum is back up and going. I, like the rest of you, hope we havn't lost anyone but I have the feeling that people will be returning shortly, after all, there ain't no place like home.

Good to be back,
Chris
It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them.
- Mark Twain

Any relation to the land, the habit of tilling it, or mining it, or even hunting on it, generates the feeling of patriotism.
- Ralph W. Emerson

Gmoney

Hey guys!  Good to be back going again.   Can't wait to talk some hunting..
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

rednkwmn

YIPPEE!!!!  MY FAVORITE WEBSITE IS BACK!!!!!   (and so am I!)  :D

Can't wait until tomorrow!  I've got 5 days off from work, so I'll be out in the woods with my bow!

Dragonfly

:D Boy and I glad to be back!!! I have really missed this place and all our friends.

Great to see everyone who has logged back in....HOORAY!!!!

Daryl (deceased)

Welcome back draggy, and all the rest who've made it back, too!  It's good to see people making their way back after the storm! :D

Az

RIP Linden33

Dragonfly

I'm pleased as punch!!!

I hope everyone has been well while we have been missing!!! ;)

abnhunter

All at THL,

Glad to have y'all back. For a while there, I thought there was something wrong with my computer. Hate to hear of things happening like this. Good luck in getting the site back to 100% and then some.

Mike

Jay Edward (deceased)

Hmmm...I thought perhaps the site was pulled off the web for being too wothwhile.  

Good to see that you all are around stirring the ashes of Sharon's campfire.  Looks to be a few coals still going.

rockinbbar

For some reason, I can't get this tune out of my head when I read the posts here from all you guys...

Remember the "Welcome Back Cotter" theme song!....LOL.

Rockinbbar
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

Daryl (deceased)

That's funny Rockin'...

'cause for some reason I was thinking the same thing earlier today!!

:)

Az

RIP Linden33

maine_hunter

Aaaaaahhhhhhhh,
Yes it is good to be back. I have only been here a little while but man did I miss this site. Knuckledragger good luck to you and your daughter on this upcoming hunt. I hope it turns out to be the hunt of a lifetime for you both. Nothing like getting your first deer. I too am in the same situation with my niece. On October 23rd it is youth day here in Maine. Junior hunters, between the age of 10 and 15, have a day to hunt themselves a week before the opener for the rest of us. They can take a deer of either sex. I think it is one of the best things the stae could have done. This will be her first deer but her third season, lucky number 3 I hope. Once again good luck.

knuckledragger

They-re trickling in, one at a time.  AWESOME!!!  

Maine Hunter, good luck to you too.  I'm sure your neice is chompin' at the bit like my daughter.  We'll be looking for a sitrep.

Knuckledragger

Dragonfly

Yep we are trickling.  I've emailed everyone I know on the site I have email address for to come on in and back.

Anyone have 12ga's email? I miss that boy!!! LOL!!!

I'm interested in the continuing saga of Jay as Daddy and RB as Moma. LOL!!!

Jay Edward (deceased)

Quote from: DragonflyI'm interested in the continuing saga of Jay as Daddy and RB as Moma. LOL!!!
[/size]

I would be too if it weren't for the EXCELLENT shooting capabilities of Shadow.

P.S.  Can I read about it while using my new mug?

Dragonfly

Yes you can Jay.  I love that mug...pass it this way please!!! LOL!!!

Just kidding Jay.  I saw an entire set of dishes in the dragonfly pattern just recently.  I want them...I want them...LOL!!!!

12 gauge

draggy! Oh i thought i'd never see you again!

I am glad to be back in my home again!

Was this sight down or something...

A big hello to everyone!

Expecially:

AzKiote, Jay Edward, Crowbar, Dragonfly, Mtsharps, Knuckledragger, rockinbar, and all the others!

See yall around the board!

God bless :D
"I only hunt and fish on days that end in \'Y\'"- 12 gauge

Daryl (deceased)

12 Guage,

Yep, the site was down.  The fellar that was paid for our server space in turn didn't pay the next one down the line, and they shut us down.  We had no warning, so it ws a surprize to us, too!

Welcome back buddy!

Az

RIP Linden33

mtsharps

Its good to have you back to 12 Gauge how is school going

Dragonfly

I've been missing you too 12ga!!!! Are you doing OK?  How's school?

Yep!! The sites been down for a couple of weeks but RB has about got everything to rights again for us.  GO RB!!!

How's that song go...."Missing you and every thing you do"?

Great to see you here 12ga!!!

And great to see everyone coming back on board!!!

12 gauge

Going great thanks for asking!

It is great to be back!

I am so glad to see you guys once again!

I am nothing without you guys..

As a matter of fact i am going hunting this evening, at our property in orange, and can you believe it!?

We got the land cleared and are going to pour the cement slab monday!

We are going to move in sometime next year, i hope i will be able to come onto this site when i move out there...

Wish me luck!

God bless :D

Dragonfly

WOW a lot is going on 12ga.

Congrats!!!!

And maybe moving by next year and going hunting soon!!! You go my friend!!! LOL!!!

12 gauge

lol.

Yeah a lot has changed!

I am so glad!

Boy oh boy! I am so happy to be here again!!!!

Thanks very much RB! You deserve every bit of respect!!!

God bless :)

knuckledragger

Welcome back 12 ga.  Before you know it, the family'll be back together again and the interuption will be a faded memory (except for RB, of course, no doubt she wont be forgettin' it too soon).

Knuckledragger

myEspringr

finally, it's great to c u r back . i missed checkin' in

sprung
Time can fly all it wants,
@ Sunrise it stands still long enough for me

12 gauge

Thanks nuckle and myEspringr!

Went out to the property today...

seen a doe which she came 15 yards away from me and she was behind some leaves where i couldn't get a good shot, and there was a open spot where i knew i could get a perfect shot, so when she got in that area where i couldn't shoot, i drew back, waiting for her to step on that spot, then it felt like an eternity! and still she didn't go in my spot, instead something fell (acorn, branch, leeves...) and she got skiddish, at first she smelled something, probably the deer molasses we set out and then when i got tired i dedrew my bow and went to sit down and then the seat squeaked, and rubbed against my camo, so it made a rub sound, then she instantly looked at me, stomped her foot, and stood there looking at me..

I didn't move and then finally another acorn or something dropped and she ran away, she ran behind me about 80 yards..

then 20 minutes or so later i saw the rear of a deer..and i watched it, it was about 60 yards away (way too far of a shot for a bow) and it dissapeared, then 7:00pm (eastern time) came and then i got down..

I came SO close to getting me a deer this evening, if she would have stepped in that spot i would have drilled her! I knew my yardage and everything, if she would have stepped there, she would have been good and dead!

Oh well that's why they call it hunting instead of killing..;)

Oh well, there is always tomorrow!

Good luck hunting and god bless :)

motor (deceased)

Hey it's great to be back..howdy to ya'll..some of you don't know me but i been around since day one but did take some time off..hope to get acquainted with all of you..God Bless
Just an ole sinner saved by grace

Tags: