States where Air Guns are Illegal??

Started by JimIsbell, March 28, 2010, 10:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimIsbell

I am wondering if there is a source for information on what states have banned air guns?

I have been told that air guns are illegal in Connecticut, but dont know that for a fact. I know they are legal in both Texas and Missouri.  But other than that I am clueless.

The reason I ask is that I will be using my air gun for defense in my boat as I travel around the US and I don't want to get busted in some state that does not allow air guns.

Daryl (deceased)

You won't get here by boat, but air guns are legal in Arizona.

The law stipulates what can and can't be hunted with them.  Small game and varmints are generally ok wtih an air gun.  They aren't legal for big game.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

gitano

That's an excellent question, JimIsbell, especially considering your plans. Unfortunately, I doubt there is a "national database" on the matter.

I would guess that one of the airgun internet forums would give you at least a start. What you are likely to end up having to do if you want an irrefutable source, is actually contact the Attorney General of every state in whose waters you intend to travel and get a direct statement from them.

If you write/contact the State Police, beware the answers. They, under the law, have no obligation to tell you the truth. They cannot be legally bound to ANYTHING they say, whether "in writing" or not. Whether they give out mis-information maliciously or through ignorance, they cannot be held responsible for what they say.

The same is NOT true for the AG, because he is a lawyer acting in the capacity of his office. He cannot intentionally lie to you. The cops can. More importantly, they do.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

JaDub

My brother , who lives in Seattle, was out on an extended cruise in his 40` ChrisCraft up in the San Juan Island area.  They crossed into Canadian waters for a week or so and upon entering U.S. waters had to go thru  a somewhat remote custom check. Asked if he had any firearms he replied no, whereupon his wife  innocently  asked " what about the BB gun?"    (which he had on board to  harass  pidgeons that were trying to roost in his boat back at his covered slip  in Seattle).    The custom agent then  went `unglued` claiming he,  my brother, was smuggling firearms ....... he hit the MAJOR panic button and accused him of lying !!!!!   It nearly turned into an international  terrorist  incident.  They were held in port under armed guard for two days while this gestopo nazi border agent threatened to imprison both of them and seize the boat.  It went on and on.  The agent was truly over the top  while
my brother and sister in law ( who have never so much as had a parking ticket )  were threatened , chastised  and verbally abused as potential criminals.   After much pleading and groveling they were `permitted` to enter the country after being held captive on their boat for an extended time...........  all the while they had to listen to this agent telling everyone in earsight that `these two` were         the reason everyone has to suffer.  After    much letter writing and after many heated phone calls the agent was reprimanded however BARNEY still has his one bullet...........      Be carefull what you say, It WILL be held against you.   Every jurisdiction has its` Barneys.

Paul Hoskins

Midway, USA says airguns can't be shipped to the following states, cities & districts.    .........Hi., Ma., Mi., Nj., Ny., RI., San Francisco, Ca., Bridgeport, Ct., Chicago, Ill., Lincoln, Ne. , Las Vegas, Nev., and Wash., DC.    ........Paul H

Tags: