Missing my dog

Started by Jorge in Oz, March 17, 2015, 02:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jorge in Oz

Hi Guys,

I know they are animals but my little Bonny died about a month ago and I'm still struggling with her loss. She was a little Sh!tzu x Maltese and was a little smoocher. She looked like a cross between an Ewok and a mini Wookie, very adorable little thing. Couldn't take her hunting as she was too precious and was scared of gun fire plus she was not on the allowable breeds for hunting here in Victoria.

Here she is with my 7 year old son Jesse.
[ATTACH]13909[/ATTACH]

I am buying a Border Terrier which is a good family pet but also a good little dog for hunting. I don't hunt ducks but I will use this dog as a scent dog for deer. He'll just be on the lead to help me find some deer. This won't happen till early next year. This will give me time to save the $1,500 I will need.

I know it may seem foolish to grieve over a dog but the are part of the family.

I buried her in our backyard and my 3 year old was telling me yesterday that she missed Bonny and that she was sleeping in the big hole in the yard. Very sweet.

Here is my daughter Lily, Bonny and myself.
[ATTACH]13910[/ATTACH]

Sorry for all the pics, I guess I'm trying to share my grief. Never really owned small dogs till I married my wife. I always had German Shepherds, Kelpies and Golden Cocker Spaniels (which my folks bred). But I learnt to appreciate them owning Bonny and our previous one Bounty.

Take care.

Cheers

Jorge
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

gitano

It is not foolish to grieve for a lost pet. I have owned many dogs in my life and I miss every one of them.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Alboy

There is absolutely no reason to apologize for sharing true grief, pets are a part of the family.  Grief needs to be shared as this also reminds us of the good times.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

gitano

My current dog is the smallest dog I have ever owned. It is a Scottish terrier. He is the second pure-bred terrier that I have owned and I owned a terrier doberman cross once. Those three dogs are the smartest dogs I have owned. I've never really had a 'stupid' dog, but terriers are different, and I like the difference.

I love this dog entirely too much, and it was pretty much love at first sight. He's been thought lost a couple of times, and really lost once, and I HATE that feeling! He's 10 this year, and I am really going to miss him when he goes. I'm looking for someone that has a female that wants it bred. Not many in AK though.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

I did not think I would get attached to my current 'little dog', how wrong was I.
Completely understand your grief Jorge, the little ones really become part of the family.
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

sakorick

They are part of the family. Words just can't describe your loss. Try to remember the good times and time will heal. Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Jorge in Oz

Hi guys,

Thank you for your sharing and kind comments.

Yes we do get attached to our dogs, they are such loyal creatures and love you so unconditionally. I use to love getting home from work and getting such a warm and enthusiastic welcome. I guess I have been reminded daily of her absence. But yes I do remember all the good times we had.

I love the look of the Scottish Terriers, cute dogs. Reminds me of my dad walking his main male golden cocker spaniel, there would always be people walking females of the same breed wanting to sire their females with dad's dog. My dad use to call him Fabio, the most beautiful dog in the world. He was a funny dog.

Thanks again for sharing.

Cheers

Jorge
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

Hunterbug

They become a part of your family, it is natural to miss them. I still miss Sage even though he was a pain in the neck. ;)
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Tags: