At last!

Started by 12 gauge, November 24, 2004, 10:28:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

12 gauge

Quote from: Successfulhunts.com12 Gauge
You have to be excited. A good mount will provide memories of the hunt for a long time to come. Take your time, find the camera and then take lots of pictures.

How did you do this year? Five of us got 3 elk and then 3 of us hunted deer and got 2 nice whitetail bucks. All in Montana. It was a good year for us.

Hope all is well.
SuccessfulHunts.com
I didn't do good at all this year :(

i didn't get any kills yet...

I missed 6 and wounded 2...this year is not my year...

I already have the pictures taken, just need to get them developed...

You guys can bare a few more days right? ;)

God bless :D
"I only hunt and fish on days that end in \'Y\'"- 12 gauge

Kit

OK, 12 gauge, while we are a-waitin those photos I'll tell a little story.

A month ago I got a second job delivering (used) auto parts. It's cool and close to home... the owner has his office walls lined with deer and elk -- so much that he has stopped mounting for now and has some antlers around extra. Soooo........
    Part I
 I was admiring this and we talked about all the nice memories. I said, if you just look up at these it takes you right out of here (takes his mind off work entirely) -- the memories will put you right back in the forest! and he said, "Yes! That is why I have them here!"
    Part II
 2 days later he asked me if I'd check the pickup oil from time to time when gassing it up. I said, sure; he said (his wife won't ever check oil so he didn't want to assume) I said, well if you show me where the stick is because I've learned from all my many older vehicles that there are many places to put that.

Now here is a chain of events with a funny ending:

I asked about cleaning off a battery and commented how my son would rather fix computers than do cars but he's good at puters.

He answered about the battery and then said his sales manager is great with the puters but he himself, doesn't understand a thing about them.

As we got the key I said, well I can usually fix my own computer.

As he opened the hood he said, "Well I can quarter a deer! Without an axe! I go for the hips." (or something like that)  He was now also talking with his hands cutting that imaginary deer.

I mentioned that I'd just read (here) about a new tool that was very efficient, but had not seen the photo. He said he can (and has) done that with a razor blade and a penknife!

About that time he pointed to the dipstick. I pulled a paper towel out of my pocket and held it up (yeah right in front of him, a white paper towel) and said, "I have a paper towel. We can check that oil right now!"

I had to jump back out of the way as he reached for the hood and slammed it shut, turning to go back into the office, still glowing and talking about how he can quarter a deer with just about anything but he can't fix a computer.

I had the distinct sense that he never saw the paper towel or heard me mention checking the oil (dhuh...lol)

Hunting takes your mind off your work, indeed! HA!

12 gauge

lol for some it does. Me i care about hunting and my pay check ;)

I will try to get those pictures developed either this weekend or maybe today or tomorrow...

Skip

Quote from: 12 gaugeI didn't do good at all this year :(

i didn't get any kills yet...

I missed 6 and wounded 2...this year is not my year...

I already have the pictures taken, just need to get them developed...

You guys can bare a few more days right? ;)

It looks as if you should spend more time on the range and hone up on your shooting skills.
I try to spend as many hours as my wife will allow practicing with pistols, rifles, muzzleloaders and bows so if the opportunity arises I won't miss/wound any game. As it turned out I never fired a shot during hunting season, but I enjoyed myself immensely anyway.
Happy Hunting 12ga

Skip

12 gauge

Quote from: SkipIt looks as if you should spend more time on the range and hone up on your shooting skills.
I try to spend as many hours as my wife will allow practicing with pistols, rifles, muzzleloaders and bows so if the opportunity arises I won't miss/wound any game. As it turned out I never fired a shot during hunting season, but I enjoyed myself immensely anyway.
Happy Hunting 12ga

Skip
Thanks but the thing is we don't have any shooting ranges near us..the only place to go is to my parent's friend's house or at our property, which it is under construction and we don't really want to be shooting infront of everyone expecially while they are trying to work. I've been shooting my bow here at home, i can make a 30 yard shot but, i am not good at grouping at 30 yards, what i think might be the problem is we have a fence where the target is set up against, and at 30 yards it looks to me when i shoot like my arrow is going to go over the fence, and there is a house behind the fence. (We've only got a quarter of an acre right now, inside a subdivision..) and when i see that arrow go up in it's slope it looks like it is going over the fence and i panic, because i am afraid of it going over the fence...

But then again, after all this time i've been shooting i don't even pay attention to it about to go "over the fence" anymore, as long as i have that pin where i want it, the arrow will go according to plan..

I will practice more...

and with the photos, i gave them to my mom for her to get them developed, (i will repay her) and i don't know if she did or not...but as soon as i get them in, i will post them..

Good luck hunting yall and god bless :D

Tags: