European Cartridge Series - 9.3x64mm Brenneke

Started by Jay Edward (deceased), June 21, 2005, 05:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Edward (deceased)

This cartridge was spoken about some time back but was not presented in it's own right.  It is a pretty impressive cartridge and I probably would have owned it had I been aware of it's existence so long ago.

Not only is the caliber desireable, in my opinion, but the fact that it does not have a 'belt' appeals to me as well.

Jay Edward (deceased)

For the rifle, I was thinking of something like this:

Kanibal

Wow that would be some setup!  Great rifle, but what make?  Or is it custom?  Where'd ya find the pic?  How much does it cost?  How is a rainbow made?  Well Im out of questions for now.  Thanks for the great info.
-Richard

Fortunate Son

Jay

You've got me interested now.  I have been thinking for some time about buying or putting together a rifle for game larger than the whitetail we hunt down here and could not settle on a caliber.  This might be it.  I remember when I was stationed in Germany this was a popular round with German hunters, but I never fired one.  I used to own a 375 H&H and found it uncomfortable to shoot.  I'm not very big, 145 lbs, and now that I'm older I'm sure the recoil would bother me even more.  
I've never had a rifle put together from the action up, but this might be the place to start.  A Mauser K98 action should be able to handle this, shouldn't it?  Could be an interesting project.
Mike In MS
NRA For Life
Army For 30

Tags: