Hunting with Dale

Started by recoil junky, November 20, 2015, 08:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

recoil junky

Back in June Dale (Hunterbug's Grandfather) calls and says he's drawn yet another doe tag for unit 4 and wants to know do I know anybody that will let an "old man" come hunt. I says sure, I know a feller that will not only let you hunt but he'll let you shoot off his deck!!

So, he did.

The "Deer Whisperer" in action

Four generations of the States family in this picture.

Peyton with one of the  bunnies she got.

I hope Dale gets another tag next year even though for the last 4 years he says he's not going to hunt next year.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

Just great stuff!

Thanks for the pictures, RJ!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Good going.....what a great event.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Hunterbug

RJ, he's been saying that for more than the last 4 years. We had a great time. Thank you for your hospitality. Payton is looking forward to getting her first deer next year.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

JaDub

Dang,  Peyton is getting as tall as you, Pat!!:2thumbsup:

Brithunter

Congratulations...................... just love posts like this...Thank you.
Go Get them Floyd!

Paul Hoskins

RJ, sometimes everything just comes together. Four generations!!! Beautiful. Congrat's & thanks for sharing. ....Paul H

branxhunter

Fantastic RJ! Dale looks pretty pleased with himself! What rifle was he using - does it have a story to it?

Marcus

Jorge in Oz

Nice post RJ, I have to echo Brithunter's comment, I too also like posts of this nature.

Cheers

Jorge
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

recoil junky

The rifle is a pre 64 M70 in .270. If memory serves it's it's dale's son Chuck's rifle and I'm sure there are a few stories behind it.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

branxhunter

I did wonder if it was an old M70

Marcus

Hunterbug

It's a Pre 64 model 70 270. He used it from the 50s until 1984 when he bought his 7mm. He gave it to my cousin :mad: but he used it this year.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

sakorick

What a great thread.....I love the pictures too!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Tags: