Got My First Pheasant!!!!

Started by babbyc1000, January 06, 2007, 05:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babbyc1000

well im not too bad getting things on the wing,the only problem i have at the mo is ive ran out of heavy cartridges, i only have 7.5's for clay shooting at the mo, id prefer to use something heavier for pheasants (like a .22lr... ;o)

but cos my licence still hasnt arrived i cant go and buy more cartridges (we need to have a licence to buy cartridges over here) so im pretty much stuck at the mo. oh well...
Dont worry, I have a cunning plan...

rabbitrunner

On the trips I've made to the Dakota's, after opening week the birds typically go up well in front of the hunter usually requiring a "longer than liked" shot. I agree, unhunted, or infrequently hunted birds tend to sit longer, allowing closer shots that 1 barrel should bring down. As with most other things, a lot depends on wind, both direction and speed, cover, dogs, either pointers of flushers, and how "wild" the birds are.
Either way, It's still THE BEST.

babbyc1000

well i dont know, i didnt find it very challenging shooting the pheasant tho it was my first so ill see in future. if you really want a challenging shoot go after crows - theyre tough (one took a no 6 and a 7.5 full on and didnt drop - and i didnt miss) and very very VERY smart!
Dont worry, I have a cunning plan...

myEspringr

congrats on your first wild chicken
Time can fly all it wants,
@ Sunrise it stands still long enough for me

Tags: