Parker Hale unveiled

Started by sakorick, June 03, 2005, 06:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brithunter

Thanks Jay,

I have posted a new thread with photos of the scope!

Big Banger ,

I to am shaking my head, I will see what can be done but I doubt much even though he seems to know that the 1200P was alimited model with some collector appeal.
Go Get them Floyd!

cowboy

Brithunter,

Finally got round to taking a close look at the proof marks for the 1200 Super i'm currently working on. Can you tell me what year it is?

It has the letter T at 9:00 and the letter B at 3:00 and the number 2 at 6:00 with just the crossed swords no circle around it. Late model after 1984?

I really need to get the presentation model out and look at it as thats the one I would really like to know about. :)

Thanks,

All the best,

Cowboy

PS - Happy Birthday!

Big Banger

That is nice birthday present Brithunter, I only got a Marlin 45/70 and a card :p
Happy Birthday!

Brithunter

Thank you for the birthday wishes. The rifle was made in 1968.
Go Get them Floyd!

cowboy

Thanks Brithunter,

I was a bit surprised to learn it was a 1968 model, it's in very good condition. I was a bit confused about your discription of the circle around the marks.

Thanks again,

cowboy

Brithunter

Hmm OK I will try to take a photo of the Circle mark but ti means taking a stock off a rifle and getting it out of the cabinet. Hmm time is the problem right now as I have lots to do here. Sigh.
Go Get them Floyd!

cowboy

Brithunter,

Absolutly no rush at all, whenever you get round to it is OK by me.

Or as the Aussies say, No worries mate! :)

cowboy

Big Banger

Hi Rick,
Here are a few pictures of the PH 1200 Super Clip 7mm Mag that I received in the mail today :D .
Mat

sakorick

First one I've ever seen. Looks really nice....is the front sight cover missing? If it is. Brithunter may be able to locate one for you. Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Big Banger

Hi Rick,
Yes the front sight hood is missing, I would like to put one back on. I will have to take it apart now to get the date code.
Mat

Big Banger

The date code on this 7mm Mag does not have the crossed lances like the other 1200's posted here. This date code has a circle with the letter "E" at 9 O'clock, the letter "B" at 3 O'clock and the number "3" at 6 O'clock. Maybe if Brithunter has the time he can let us know what year it was made.
Mat

cowboy

Nice rifle Big Banger! And in a great caliber too.

How does the clip release?

I too have been checking the date codes on mine. from the last 2 I have one with T - B and one with W - B.

TB = 1968

WB= 1971

Working backward yours would be 1953??? I don't think so, we need Brithunter for sure.
I think that having the circle means something else as oposed to those without the circle.
Both of the ones I checked don't have the circle.

Cowboy

Big Banger

Hello Cowboy,
The clip releases the same way you would open the floor plate with the button in the trigger guard.

I don't about the circle either. If I remember correctly I think Brithunter said the BSA rifles used a circle? This rifle has Parker Hale stamped everywhere. My two other 1200's have the crossed lances.

The checkering on this rifle seems to be cut deeper and is sharper, it has a much better grip.

Mat

Brithunter

Hi All,

Ahh so there is some confusion :rolleyes: . Well the circle marks was used by the Birmingham Proof house from 1975-1984. EB in a circle is 1979. The Birmingham View mark dates back only to 1921 so rifles older than that we are stuck on :( .

Sorry but the only P-H fore sights hoods I have are the two that came on rifles, the 1100M has one as does the 1200 Super in 7.92 because that was NIB. I have removed it for use as I don't like them. I would also remove the one off the 1100M but cannot as it locates the fore sight on that model :eek: .

I will ask about and se if I cannot locate some however be advised that the design as on the BSA rifles changed slightly over the years. Early P-H and BSA hoods were more shaped and had a squarer profile that the late one which are rounded :p .

Hi Big Banger,

Hmm Air Mail to BC seems slow :( you should ave recieved that pad by now I would have thought. Perhaps it's the tightened security measures slowing things down. I know letters only take about 3-4 days perhaps a small packet takes longer :( . Now the BSA confusion is that I said that both BSA & P-H used the Birmingham proof house so can be dated this way ;) . I have seen and actually shot one 1200 SC rifle. It belongs to a guy called Pat who is a member of the club I used to shoot with.

Oh I just checked both my 1200's and the chequering on them is about the same depth however the 1200V looks shallower but it's just the High Gloss finish which the factory applied, the 1200 Super has an oiled finish.
Go Get them Floyd!

Big Banger

Hello Brithunter,
Thanks for solving this one :D. What is your opinion on the low serial number with the 1979 date code? Maybe the barrel was changed?

I expect to receive the pad next week, I will let you as soon as it arrives. Air Mail to Canada then Eskimo and dog sled to B.C. takes awhile you know.
Mat  

Tags: