My Partner

Started by Alboy, September 03, 2005, 02:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alboy

MY LOVE is my partner and I want to brag on her a little. In the target displayed here I fired exactly six rounds. 1 from the Colt Officer and 5 from the Taurus DA revolver. The rest of the time I was down working with my 54 black powder rifle.

There are a total of 60 rounds fired on this target. The last little group of seven by Kim's own words she, "Was getting tired and shakey." Pulled the last clip down because she could not tell for sure where all the hits were any more.

:D  :D

Boys this is what a fella needs when looking for a back up in a tight spot.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Alboy

For the hole counters in the group I got 51 marked holes including the 2 extreme flyers. Tha makes 9 out of the hole in the middle. The grid is 2"

That makes her last 7 shots about 3x3 inches and my 5 3x3 inches. The majority of her previous shots are in a 4x4 group. I like it.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Jay Edward (deceased)

WOW!

Please tell her: Jay = friend

RatherBHuntin

You aint just a whistlin dixie there pal, she done good.  Got to make you feel better when you're away from home, hehe and at home as well.  You might oughta give her the pistol and you grab the scattergun!
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Alboy

Done deal Jay

RatherBHuntin That is pretty much how it works for home defense plans.

It has been fun over the years. The little lady has been a great shot since the first day she picked one up. I like to think I helped but she consistently outshoots me in Pistol.

About 10 years ago when I still competed a little. We went to a Cowboy shoot at the YO Ranch just outside of Kerrville. We shot three pistol levels, three rifle levels but no shotgun that time. I will expound on all of that if there is interest.

Short side is all competition was scheduled to be over by noon, then lunch out of the chuck wagon and just fun shooting in the afternoon till every one got ready to go home. There were some pretty good shooters there that day.

After lunch Kim and I were playing on the pistol range. One of the drills had been to knock down as many bowling pins at 15 yards out of twelve shots as possible. No time limit as some only wanted to load 5 at a time so had to reload the second time. Since it was for fun she started with her Lady Smith (illegal for the competition) then switched to my Ruger Single Six then a single in the LS. After the third clean sweep one of the guys asked why she had not competed? She was afraid she would embarrass herself was the answer. He agreed it would have been awful embarrassing for her to have all the pistol awards and the rest of us none, alright.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Gmoney

That is a funny story Alboy......and some exceptional shootin as well.....just tell her if she does need to shoot for home defense she may want to scatter the shots out just a bit so as they don't just punch through the same hole time after time.....:)
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

Tags: