"counting" down the days

Started by buckshot roberts, July 02, 2009, 03:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckshot roberts

:) It's just about six weeks until squirrel season opens up........and I'm counting down the days.
It may be  just a bit early for some, but I got to checking my ammo supply,
and see if I had outgrowed any of my camo clothing, LOL...
And since I was checking, why not take that old savage  model 62 .22 with a tasco 4x15 scope on it, (I got at a yard sale, of all the places, I gave sixty bucks for it and a nice old Ted williams rod and reel) out to the range.....
When I went to get the .22, I ended up taking my 410,and other two 12 ga's along.
After setting up some squirrel targets up @ 100 yards, I got to looking at this cheap scope, I had never used one this small.
LOL I did'nt even know if the .22 would feed ok or even work right, I gave it a shot and it sure did surprie me.

My model 94-410 @ 25 feet

I found out that my savage auto shoots a little to the left........

and my savage pump shoots to the right.......

I got worked out......

Cleaned up and ready,with my gear tucked way........
 ow Now   now she's no squirrel dog........but she's dreaming of squirrel with rice.....Ron

We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

davidlt89

Ron,
  nice little groups with the .22!!! .22 is the gun I would bring! have fun. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

bowhunter 51

I got out yesterday, Ron....Fresh'ened-up a salt lick which, by the way,
looked like a hog-lot in the woods....got ta' lookin' for squirrel sign, and
such....probably 6 or 7 weeks till opening here, as well....broke out my
22lr this morning....got to admit, it'll be nice to get back in the woods
with a rifle:) ....................................................................................BH51..........
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

Brasco20

.22 for sure.   Cute dog, i have a little female yorkie.  Great dogs

buckshot roberts

I'm going to hang on to the savage.22........not so sure 'bout the scope...... I'm going to be using both in august........I like using the model 94-410 in the early part of the season,while I can still get close shots....Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

gitano

Nice brace of guns there, Ron.

I've used .22s mostly for squirrel hunting, but of late I've gotten a bit concerned about aiming a .22 up in the air to shoot. Those .22 bullets carry a lot farther than a no. 6 or 7 1/2 pellet does. I suppose it depends a lot on where one hunts. Of course, if you never miss, the point is moot. ;)

Lookin' forward to dead squirrel pictures.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Brasco20

How long is the squirrel season?  In MT we just hunt them whenever, never heard of a season.  Are they different squirrels than we have, and do you eat them?

Brasco

bowhunter 51

Ahhhhhh........I just love the smell of gun powder in the mornings.............
Just 4 more weeks tomorrow, for me, .........guys........................................
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

Tags: