Hello from the Irish Sea

Started by alled12, January 04, 2015, 12:23:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alled12

Just a short line to say hello. I currently live on the Isle of Man and shoot there and in the UK.
I am a fox shooter mainly with a bit of deer stalking on the side when in the UK.
On the island i shoot IPSC, clays and paper.
I am a wildcat enthusiast although at the moment one of these is sadly lacking in my gun cabinet.
I look forward to interesting discussion on the forum.

Alboy

Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

farmboy

sakorick

Welcome Alled from the Irish Sea. Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

I try to check out all of the new member's ISP locations, and when I saw Isle of Man I was hoping you were "for real". Glad to have you aboard! I assume you have an idea who the other members from Great Britain are. If not have a look around.

Looking forward to hearing about your hunting in GB.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

welcome aboard alled12!!! don't know much about wildcatting but like to hear about it!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

By the way, alled12, if you use the search engine in advanced mode you can specify "tags" to search for. I have been going back through old threads and "tagging" them. If you enter "wildcats", you should find several threads of interest. Furthermore, at the bottom of all threads - including this one - you will find a list of "Similar Threads". Once you find one wildcatting thread, you are likely to find a 'chain' of threads to follow in the "Similar Threads" list.

If you need help posting pictures or anything else with the workings of THL, just ask. There are plenty of folks that will help you find the answer.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jorge in Oz

Welcome alled12, this is a great forum with a nice bunch of fellows.

Cheers

Jorge
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

alled12

Many thanks for the warm welcome lads. Will happily pass on what i can about wildcatting. Always good fun. Yep i am what is called a come over in isle of man or manx speak, ie non native. If you marry a manx lady then you are a stay over i could go on but it will give you to many joke opportunities. Not that i object to a bit of friendly banter at all.

alled12

i was hoping to get hold of 22 hornet to talk to him about his 280 british project, i am going to build one this year. Anyone seen him recently?

gitano

He's around. Did you send him a PM or an email? I'll check his last activity, but I don't think he has 'vanished'.

Paul

PS - Last activity here on THL was December 29, so he'  'around'. Ping on him with PM or email and you are likely to get a response.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

QuoteNot that i object to a bit of friendly banter at all.
It's a good thing... ;)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

mtsharps

22hornet

Hello alled12. Just logged on. Welcome to THL!

I've just noticed your PM and will reply shortly.
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

alled12

Hi hornet dropped you a pm back thanks for the info so far very useful.

Tags: